Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Here is a picture of a sub I modeled in Rhino this weekend. I just got Bodypaint 3D and used it to make the textures on the sub. I think it came out pretty well, for a first time.

Comments, suggestions, or gripes welcomed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sub.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	16979  

Here is a picture of a sub I modeled in Rhino this weekend. I just got Bodypaint 3D and used it to make the textures on the sub. I think it came out pretty well, for a first time.

Comments, suggestions, or gripes welcomed

Hey Randy, nice looking sub, all the features look really good. My only question is.. is the torpedo attached to the sub, or is it being shot out. I don't think that torpedos/missiles are ever attached to a submarine [outside] so I'm assuming the latter. I think a little more motion effects would make it look better because torpedos are pretty fast! Also, a rippling jet stream coming from the back of it and some bubbles flying out of the projection (barrel?) would make a nice effect. I don't know if you were just trying to give a picture of your sub, or make a scene, but either way it would look even better. Good job

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Steve,

Thanks for the comments. The torpedo is being shot out, but I do not know how to make the effects you are talking about. I have added bubbles coming from behind the sub and torpedo. But I would like to add the swishing water effects it is just beyond my skill level and knowledge.

As far as this being a scene, it is a wip for a contest on www.renderosity.com (rhino forum)

Thanks,
    Randy (still 3D newbie but am learning [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

Yea, I've had the demo version of Rhino for a couple of weeks, but don't know much about it. Otherwise I would give you some advice! If all else fails, and it's not a NO-post-prossesing contest, then just bring it into Photoshop and use the smudge tool to create some rippling behind it. Nice work, ttyl

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-