Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

One of the neatest features in XaraX is the abilty to right-click on a vector object and being able to convert it to a bitmap.

But having done this say, and then setting the options to truecolor+alpha and a 200 dpi, how do I then save the resulting bitmap for future use?

Yes, I know there's always the export option and its related settings. But it seems to me that by allowing all the bitmap settings to be made in this simple conversion process there is (or perhaps ought to be)an equally simple way of saving the bitmap...?

Thanks.

BTW a feature suggestion for s future upgrade. How about the ability to drag-and-drop either a vector object or a bitmap to say, a portfolio panel for easy access in future projects?

One of the neatest features in XaraX is the abilty to right-click on a vector object and being able to convert it to a bitmap.

But having done this say, and then setting the options to truecolor+alpha and a 200 dpi, how do I then save the resulting bitmap for future use?

Yes, I know there's always the export option and its related settings. But it seems to me that by allowing all the bitmap settings to be made in this simple conversion process there is (or perhaps ought to be)an equally simple way of saving the bitmap...?

Thanks.

BTW a feature suggestion for s future upgrade. How about the ability to drag-and-drop either a vector object or a bitmap to say, a portfolio panel for easy access in future projects?

Carygee Xara doesn't convert an object into a bitmap it creates one. i.e. your object is still there plus a bitmap copy. It will remain with the saved file and is stored in the bitmap gallery. As long as you save the file it's there to be used again.

Open the bitmap gallery right click on he relevant bitmap and select save.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Ltd

Thanks for the response.

Not exactly intuitive having to go to the bitmap gallery and rightclicking on the thumbnail there, if I may say so.

Also no TIFF, JPG etc., options at the initial <<Create Bitmap Options>> level where the dropdown box is greyed out or in the bitmap gallery where it's either PNG, or bitmap only...

To this unschooled eye it seems that this was the intention of the developers but this feature may have been put on the backburner for later release?

I'm still a print-oriented person at heart.

I tried out Mark's technique.

I imported a TIFF, a GIF and a JPEG, opened the bitmap gallery a chose SAVE on the right-click pop-up menu. Nothing was greyed out over here...

BUT if I created a vector object and made a bitmap copy of it, and then tried the same technique, I get the same limitation as Carrygee does.

As a workaround you can always export the bitmap copy with Ctrl+Shift+E or File>export and then you have all the possibilities.

This might be a first item for the next patch???

If you don't work against time, time often works for you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Erik Heyninck on May 19, 2001 at 00:42.]