Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Variants off center

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-MX View Post
    Maybe someone in the company should look at this?
    I think it has been flagged with this Post: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...566#post534566. The xara developers are usually very good in fixing things but they need information. Raise a Ticket with them and upload your design file.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It does look like the same issue. I will send a ticket.

Mobile variants are a real mess in DP11. They work fine on desktop browsers, even when resizing the browsers to mobile size, but on an actual mobile they load off centre and elements float all over the place. I now have to design pages in X10 to get them to work properly (I can live without the frilly bits) as Xara don't seem to be in any rush to sort out the bugs.
    James Kelly

I have a ticket in with tech support but am not receiving a reply. My whole reason for upgrading to 11 was to utilize the stretch feature to create more modern looking sites. Right now I am very disappointed in the results, the upgrade and support. i could loose a very important job over this.

So because Xara is not responding to my requests for help I am going to continue this with the hopes of helping others who run into the same problem.

Xara just released a patch which included several new templates taking advantage of their new stretch feature. One of the admins said in another thread here that the patch release was delayed because there was a bug in the program that would not allow the new stretch website to work and they needed to solve it. These NEW templates are exactly what I am trying to achieve with my newest project and why I upgraded to the new version of WD.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...Cooking-Themes

I took one of the templates and replaced the graphics with my own and everything was fine until I modified the smart phone template, then everything went off center again. So I eliminated piece by piece the graphics on their template for the SP version until it threw everything off center. The piece causing the issue was a bar at the bottom with the text "created with Xara" on top of it. When the bar was deleted the site went off center. So i replaced their graphics with mine, leaving the bar but changing the fill to transparent and moving just below the end of page line and sure enough it worked.

So what is magical about this rectangle that fixes everything? I am not a coder so I don't know but I am positive it is their solution, however awkward it may be, to the glitch in their software...

hmm. sorry, i'm a little slow with this stuff. so this is only an issue using a template with a mobile variant? i don't notice it happening on my "practice" site that i did from scratch. if this is the case, it's a fairly easy work-around until it's corrected then, isn't it???

It appears to be an issue with the newest version of WD and the stretch feature. Their templates work fine, but a from scratch site does not. Yes maybe it is an easy work around but I had to spend hours digging for a solution myself for an issue that appears to be with the software. Very poor customer service in my opinion. How long would it take them to glance at my ticket, say, oh we know about that problem and fire me off the "quick" solution? Maybe I expect to much.