Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Windows 10 and Xara preview

Hi, Running Windows 10 and Xara Designer Pro 11 and before when I went to my Xara Drawing directory I got small images of my drawings, now all I get is Xara icons...is there a way to correct this?
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

Default Re: Windows 10 and Xara preview

Use View > Medium-sized icons.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If I read your question correctly:
    What you need to do is to run the progarmme as an Administrator.
    So, right-click on the XDP11 icon > Properties > Advanced... > [put a tick in the box for 'Run asdministrator'] > OK > Apply > OK

Now you should get the result you're looking for.
    Well, that's what fixed it for me!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

And I took your Drawing directory to be from Windows Explorer.
    The same approach but instead of the menu item View there is a dropdown for Change your View to get to the same selection in the Xara > File > Open... dialog.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ok thanks...the suggestion works...still figuring out Windows 10 and its idiosyncrasies..
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card