Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Change to banner pictures on 'Design' template

Using Web Designer 11, I'd like to start with the 'Design' template, changing the graphics to match my products. There are 4 little graphics in a bar right underneath the logo and banner menu that I'd like to change. After repeated left and right clicks, I was able to get the picture menu to come up on the Main tab page (but not on the shadow images). The changes didn't carry over to the Mobile tab and no amount of clicking will allow me to change them. Is it some sort of merged image that I need to un-merge somehow?
    How best can I get the images I want on the Mobile pages? Changing the lower shadow images would be good too.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Change to banner pictures on 'Design' template

gosh, that's a tough template to mod (at least for my skill set)

don't know if there's any easier way but import your images you want to use off to the side. then one at a time select the original image FROM THE RIGHT SIDE PAGE AND LAYER GALLERY (click on the "clipped photo") Then, still on the right, hover over Bitmap Gallery and right click on the new image and select Apply As Fill. To adjust the size then adjust the sizing arrows on the image (you can also later select the image once again on the page and layer gallery and then select the Fill Tool on the left tool bar. Do the exact same for the faded image under it.

i've failed to find how to get the mobile version to update automatically (it's nearly 230am here will be my excuse ) i would just do the changes the same way since it works - but i always seem to find the hard way of doing things

maybe a little more help here....anyone
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	design template.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	109718

Make sure that the layer and/or the images are not locked.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

The images are a Repeating Group of four pictures and four clipped images to give a water reflection of sorts.

YOu don't have to do anything other than drag an image form the Bitmap gallery (or Windows Explorer) directly onto top of the image to be changed.

I believe that as the group is a repeating one, it is not coupled directly to the smaller Variant.
    To get round that, you just need to drop your new picture onto the same one on the Variant.

To get down to a specific object, you must use the Page and layer Gallery.
    I use the Locate button to get to the right area and then expand the groups if I need to do anything dramatic.
    That way, I am not changing a part of a template i do not yet understand.

Welcome to TalkGraphics.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    YOu don't have to do anything other than drag an image form the Bitmap gallery (or Windows Explorer) directly onto top of the image to be changed.
    well darn it. that's the first thing i tried and i swear it didn't work so i had to go thru all the other fuss
    just tried anew right now and it works as advertised. i gotta stop trying to mod things when i'm that tired
    at least i correctly guessed that it doesn't auto-update the variant and i wasn't batting .000

thx acorn

Thanks everybody! I did get the drag-drop to work. Getting the pictures into the gallery required using a regular template picture and changing it a bunch of times so that my images were in the gallery. But that was easy enough.