Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hebrew copy/ paste not working in Xara DPro 11

Hi, when copying text from clipboard in word and pasting into Xara, the hebrew words flip. I found a website that I can use as a temp solution as it flips text for pasting into these type of situations. Not sure the category of problem this is, but can it be improved or is there a native workaround?

Default Re: Hebrew copy/ paste not working in Xara DPro 11

Xara does not have the ability to create text that goes from right to left.

There is finally a solution to this problem:
    www.rtlfixer.com
    Supports Hebrew, Arabic and a few other languages. continuous typing and also in copy/paste.

@ngmanage - There is no Xara Publisher as you show in your profile. Yesterday I deleted about a dozen spam messages from an IP address similar to your own, so I am reluctant to leave this post and this link. That said, your website says this program can be used with Xara Designer and as such it could be a valuable tool for designers working in languages that read from right to left so for now I will leave this post.

If you would like to participate in these discussions you are welcome to do so. But if your only reason for being here is to promote your products and services then your fate will be that of your colleague who spammed this forum yesterday.

Hi ngmanage, and sorry you have to leave so soon.

All four of your posts are redirects and if you can read left-to-right, you'd see in our bylaws that you cannot post a link until you have about seven posts.

You have displayed no intention or willingness to post anything that woulds contribute to this forum, but rather think this is a community bulletin board.

It's not.

If there is a slight chance I am wrong and misjudged your intentions, you have 48 hours to post here and clarify what appears to be just spam with a redirect.

Have a Nice New Year.

Barbara B.,
    Administrator
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

I don't know if ngmanage is Amir Gelman, the CEO of ArtWayz, but I do have and use the RTL Fixer in a couple other applications that do not support Hebrew natively.

Good to know Mike. Can you try it out for Xara? The list Designer Pro as one of their supported apps.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Good to know Mike. Can you try it out for Xara? The list Designer Pro as one of their supported apps.
    Sure. Here is a screen shot of text copied from a website and pasted without and with RTL Fixer running.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture_000780.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	128590

So then this is a good solution for anybody who needs to publish text that reads from right to left. I will leave these posts even though they violate our FAQs.

I have noticed on Facebook that a few of the member of our stereogram page post right to left and any response I make is right reading but builds from the right.

Hey, I'm sorry if you thought I was a spammer, that was not the intention. The software is real and works. Feel free to give it a try

I am also adding a video showing it is working:

https://youtu.be/VPzruCRB7oo