Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Co-ordinates/ruler problem

Hello,

I was working on my design and the X and Y co-ordinates correctly reflected the position of the objects, then I changed a shadow on an object and now all the co-ordinates have changed, I can see that the X co-ordinates have change by the shadow blur (say 6px) so X=10 has become X=4 and Y=450 has become Y-4500. I can see the one the vertical rule 0 is now where the page ends rather than the top of the page. Page option origins is 0,0.

Does anyone know what I have done? and how to get it back to normal.

Edit: OK I figured out that the origin I may have changed previously so have set to 0,page height, which seems to resolve the Y issue.

Edit numero 2: The X issue seems to be caused when you group objects then the width/co-ordinates of the object include the shadow. To resolve this I used soft group instead which seems to work.
    Last edited by nazf355; 24 August 2015 at 06:14 PM. Reason: More info

Default Re: Co-ordinates/ruler problem

Quote Originally Posted by nazf355 View Post
    Edit numero 2: The X issue seems to be caused when you group objects then the width/co-ordinates of the object include the shadow. To resolve this I used soft group instead which seems to work.
    Xara application grouping always displays the width and height of the whole group even if one is invisible.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat