Hi everyone—

Regarding what I wrote in Post #12, and similarly, what was written in The Outsider this month (I really wasn't leaking the story or anything!): I just wanted to post some sort of reassurance that I'm not disappearing from tg, and that's it. The press release in The Outsider was a little vague because it's uncertain when the Xone will start again, and I'm not certain when I'll have a new website up.

For as much as I'd like to embrace and savor the comments above, it's not my responsibility as a Moderator to cry over spilled milk in a public forum. I'm not soliciting sympathy—this could get me off my butt and make me work harder and produce better tutorials than ever!

So please, let's get back to typesetting, the core of this thread. And thanks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Name:  yest another tip.jpg
Views: 1105
Size:  3.2 KB

Disproportionately scaling text:

You probably discovered that in later versions of Xara Designer, if you drag a middle selection handle on text, it scales the whole text evenly...you're not smooshing it.

One way to fix this is to use the Aspect Ratio field on the Infobar when text is highlighted using the Text tool. However, if you want to drag the text to smoosh it interactively to suit your needs, select the text with the Selector tool, and then press Ctrl+G to create a group on one shapes. Then try the traditional way of created fake condensed text!

My Best,

Gary