Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Designer 10-11 TIFF Exporter dimensions/DPI fail

Hello!

Export TIFF problems from designer pro 10 (and new v.11 have the same problem too).

1) When iam trying to export document in TIFF (300Dpi, Non-LZW), the finall exported file have different document size and DPI. For example Size A4 export-> TIFF 300 DPI, no lzw, is become -> 65.71cm x 92,83cm x 96.012dpi. (file was opened in photoshop). Its interesting, but if you exporting TIFF with the same setting + LZW compression on, there is no problem with out sizes. Bug?

2) I can't select "Page" in "Area to save" setting in "TIFF Export Bitmap Options". Its not active. What am i doing wrong?

With best regards, Mikhail

Default Re: Designer 10-11 TIFF Exporter dimensions/DPI fail

Here's in 2020 and with 17 version of xara the TIFF modul is still sucks and buggy. Still "page" can't be selected on export! 5 years later.... Very sad actially. But may be this forum only for fun? May be this software too?

is the output size wrong? - change the dpi in photoshpo to 300 and see if it is then correct - when a bitmp file is created it has only an absolute size in pixels - this is modified by the resolution [dpi] that is tagged in the file; if it is not tagged the program importing will use it's default resolution
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Here's in 2021 and with 18 version of xara the TIFF modul is still sucks and buggy. Still "page" can't be selected on export! about 6 years later.... Still very sad actually. But may be this forum still for fun? May be Xara software too?

Привет приятель!
    1. Ксара НЕ плагин для фотошоп... А если так, то думаю стоит исправить враньё на сайте!
    2. То, что вы мне советуете называется на языке программистов "костыль". Если речь идёт о 5-10 изображениях, способ сработает. Если бы говорим о 100-150 в час.... Так вот, уважающий себя создатель приложений, работает не только над незначительными изменениями в интерфейсе программы и выпуском и конечно продажей новых версий кусков кода... Экспортёр TIFF это далеко не самый сложный модуль программы... Лучше один раз увидеть, чем 100 раз прочитать. Я тут сделал кое-что:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image00001.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	130447

Name:	Image00002.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	130448

Name:	Image00003.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	130446

Надеюсь фото отобразятся... Завтра наведу порядок в картинках к посту. Но суть ясна и по тем, что уже есть... Хорошего!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image00001.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	130444   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image00002.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	130445  

Last edited by Mikhail; 19 August 2021 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Upd

I have been using Xara since 1996. I create images for book and magazine publication and export my images as TIFF at 300dpi.

I have never had a problem with my images not matching the publication size.

I have never seen the 'page' option avaialble for TIFF - I have not used TIFF as much as gary, but in animation sometimes it is required; not often for me these days

There is not much in the manual about TIFF export, and it refers to the 'page' option as 'spread' which covers single and double pages; typical of xara whose help/manuals are often not consistent

I did a quick check exporting TIFF as both LWZ compressed and no compression, both exported at 300 dpi

both files were exactly the same size, in my case 6250 by 4633 pixels - the only difference was that the internal flag for dpi was not changed to 300 dpi in the uncompressed export as it should have been but was left at the default 96 dpi; the flag in the LWZ export was correct

If you have photoshop you could export from xara as PSD at 300 dpi and then save from Photoshop as TIFF

I appreciate if you are doing 100/150 per hour that may be an unwelcome extra step if you cannot work in batches

this is something that needs fixing I agree, only xara can do that - you could post a request in the dear xara forum - rob-xar is currently overhauling issues such as these where possible...

EDIT - see my next post below
    Last edited by handrawn; 19 August 2021 at 02:01 PM.
    Nothing lasts forever...

I just tried and I cannot figure out how to enable the Page option.

But when I export my images they are the size of the page. There is often some objects that extend beyond the page borders.

I select something on the page that is the exact size, and Export [X] Selection

The other option Page Content will export everything, even objects that extend beyond the page borders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	page.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	130454  

I don't think the Page option can ever be enabled.

I would make the Page Background editable and then select all inside by dragging just outside top-left to bottom-right and then pick Export > Selection.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ... you could post a request in the dear xara forum - rob-xar is currently overhauling issues such as these where possible...
    I guess this being the dear xara forum this has already been done [silly me] - just have to see if rob-xar picks it up
    Nothing lasts forever...