Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Latest WD10 Issue - Contact Page

I have two WD9 Premium websites that had issues with the Contact Form page when imported into WD10 Premium. Of the four sites, these two were the only ones affected.

Once the sites were updated, exported and transferred to the server, I double checked the Contact Form. One site would not allow any text to be entered into any data fields nor in the Captcha box. Since I didn't make any changes to the Contact page, I used the older version from WD9P and was able to get the fields to accept data.

On the second site, I can only enter data in the NAME field and the Captcha Box. Email Address, Subject and Comments fields are not accessible with the cursor.. only if you TAB down from the first box... From experience, I know a lot of people like to use the mouse and not the TAB key. (http://ramerenterprises.com/contact.htm#)

I have copied the the HTML for the Body and Head sections, from one of the unaffected websites, but the issue still remains when I export and FTP the files. I am at a loss again as to what to do. I would think that if you can get the cursor in the first and last fields, you should be able to get it in the middle three... or none at all. Using the HTML from two sites that work, should correct the issue because they all use the same code and there isn't anything in the code that is website specific...

Thoughts?

Dave
    "Old enough to know better... too young to resist"

Default Re: Latest WD10 Issue - Contact Page

Hi Dave,

No idea what it is but you seems to have an element sitting above your form that stops you selecting the fields. As you state you can Tab through the fields but this is not most visitors actions.

Here's a screen grab of FF's inspect element. You can see the object above your form fields. Without your .xar I can't say what it is.

Perhaps Acorn can shed some light on this as I'm crap at html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	super-dave.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	109514  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Latest WD10 Issue - Contact Page

Egg... I believe that's a text box. I thought it might be an issue so I put it to the back of the page because I didn't put it there and don't know if it serves any purpose, but I still have the issue. I think I will see if it's actually needed and try deleting it entirely... will get back shortly... I thought about FF Inspect Element but being tired, I got lazy.

5 minutes later....

Scooooore! I had moved it to the back, not knowing why it was there in the first place. However, moving it to the back didn't help. I just deleted it and now I have full cursor access to all data entry boxes. I have come across some really weird things in WD10P when importing a WD9P file, from foreign artifacts to defaults that I never had an opportunity to set myself, like the "Live Dragging" feature. Anyway... Good catch mate! Hope this string of issues helps some others who are or will face them. Now to get back to work!
    "Old enough to know better... too young to resist"