Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default NavBar Issues in WD 10 Premium Website

I have a website that I am upgrading. It was built in WD 9 Premium. I opened the website in WD 10 Premium. I have 80% of the changes made and when I preview any page or the entire website, the Navigation Bar only shows half of the MouseOver graphic on every button. I am not going to upload the website until it is finished and everything is working as it should. That said, you can see the previous WD9 Premium here: http://puzzle-me-this.biz/index.htm - and see how the rollover should work. Now imagine that only the bottom half of the MouseOver rollover effect is showing and you have to get your cursor well below the Menu Button to get the button to work... This one of several issues I am having with WD10 Premium... The cross hairs that help align objects only work sporadically and then for a millisecond flash then nothing.

I am using Win7 Pro 64 bit OS...

Thoughts?
    "Old enough to know better... too young to resist"

Default Re: NavBar Issues in WD 10 Premium Website

Here is a screen shot of the NavBar showing the MouseOver images of the current website in WD9 Premium and the WD10 Premium Page Preview with MouseOver cut in half...

Any ideas why this is happening?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PMT Nav Bar-2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	109482 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PMT Nav Bar.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	109483

Dave, try pushing "Puzzle Me This" to the back; it is probably overlapping your navbar.
    It won't be a change due to the version, just what you may have done or repositioned without realising.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Problem Solved.

I tried moving the title to the back but no luck. Tried moving the NavBar forward, backward... no luck.

So I looked on Layer 1 to see if anything might be an issue there. I saw the Repeating Group for the title under Layer 1, so I moved it to MouseOff and all the NavBar buttons appear and function as they should. I had to do it for all the pages in the website one at a time. I don't know why the title appeared under Layer 1 as it was never there before using WD9 Premium... Regardless, we are back to where we were before.

I will be posting another question on the Snap To issue in WD10 Premium.

Dave

Dave, at least the aberration has now been identified.
    if you still have a WD9P copy, I would Ticket it to Xara for them to examine.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat