Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Attempted An Unsupported Operation - Uploading Error

I have Xara 10, and made a website in it that works wonderfully.
    Today, it asked to have an update, some 44 MB or so, that it said 'fixes problems' with the version & reports on how the program has been used so far. I said "Yes" & it downloaded the update / that was successful.

Now, I cannot publish changes to the site.
    It will go through the motions: saving, preparing, getting ready for export
    It will ask for the FTP name & everything goes smoothly

Then, right before it usually asks for the password to the FTP it makes the error box instead with

"xara attempted an unsupported operation"

And the only option is to push 'ok'.
    That's it. There's no error codes, nothing else messes up, it just has no way to go any farther than that.
    I tried closing & re-opening the program. I tried making a small change & re-saving the site. Neither helps.

What operation is it? How did it get unsupported?
    Any help with this rather vague error message is much appreciated,

Default Re: Xara Attempted An Unsupported Operation - Uploading Error

I hate things like that.

Does this happen if you close Xara and then reboot your computer?

Don't know if this will work. Close Xara and right-click over the Xara10 desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator". It often fixes odd things and only has to be done once.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi MySeeds,

This error indeed is rather ambiguous and can happen for a number of reasons. One reason is sometimes when Xara tries to use a command that is not supported by your host. For example, the command "mkdir" is "make directory", but your host may not support this command (again this is an example, I would be very shocked if a host didn't support "mkdir")

If you create a ticket to support and give us your FTP details (what you are typing into Web Properties > Publish) we can look into this for you and try to establish why this is happening. I can't say exactly what would be causing the issue without looking unfortunately.

Also, can you go to Help > About and let me know the full version number you are on? I don't think we've released any updates for V10 unless you've reinstalled recently?

We've also recently updated our Timeout troubleshooter which covers a lot more problems:

http://support.xara.com/index.php?_m...articleid=2836

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks for this speedy response.
    I restarted the PC & then did the right click "run as administrator" and it still makes the same error, at the same point in the process. I will create the ticket now, and fill in the details of the FTP.

In the help about, the version number is
    X10 10.1.537495 DL x64 Mar 19 2015

That is odd about the update then...
    The program has stayed installed & running just fine since we bought it back before "Google's Mobilegeddon." back in march or april. It worked great & was able to be used to update the website without any problem last week too. The day of the update to itself it wanted to have was the first I'd ever seen of anything like that with the program.

Please let us know what you find out so others who might have the same problem can benefit from the knowledge.

Well I also was asked to update Xara X10 and I did it.
    Now, I cannot publish changes to the site - I also get the error box "xara attempted an unsupported operation".
    The version nummer is: X1010.1.5.37495 CDx64 Mar 30 2015