Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: Unable to find the filters to export that file with

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    but as keith mentioned, the fourth screen grab image in your post #29, contains an error message that refers to importing....
    It says that even when I'm just previewing the website.
    That's what it says when I go to File>Export Website.

That's just what it says, and it's a filthy liar!

well I'm afraid, although that may be helpful to another member, it means nothing at all to me... since you have registered the DLL it should work as far as I know, but I am not an expert...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

well I'm afraid, although that may be helpful to another member, it means nothing at all to me... since you have registered the DLL it should work as far as I know, but I am not an expert...
    What? I'm lost...what's helpful to another member but not to you?
    What I'm hearing is that I'm screwed.
    It says "import" even tho I have not specifically chosen to import anything. That's just what it says even if I'm exporting or just previewing.

what I mean is that I can help you register DLL's - but the situation where this message comes up in that context is beyond my experience [which is with designer pro]

but maybe not beyond the experience of another member
    Nothing lasts forever...

what I mean is that I can help you register DLL's - but the situation where this message comes up in that context is beyond my experience [which is with designer pro]

but maybe not beyond the experience of another member
    Oh, I see.
    Well per Xara, I downloaded Web Designer 11......and that did the same thing.

I'm wondering if I have to/ can do a restore to a previous point in my computer.....(which would suck for me)
    But I'm just not sure what my options are at this point....

You've been so helpful, and I'm really appreciative.

when you uninstall/reinstall do you do this in windows control panel, or do you use a 'helpful' third party app - do you use any third party registry cleaners or performance booster/tuner apps; these have been know to mess things up

I would restore - but then I am geared up for this in the way I back my systems/data up, and I can guarantee that I will be going back to a clean install

I can appreciate if you don't want to do this because of the upheaval, possible loss, and no guarantee of success

as an alternative what you could do is uninstall all the xara programs you have in reverse order of installing - in each case right-click on the .EXE file to run as administrator, and reboot after each one

probably would do no harm to run a full scan with your anti-virus program

then, again as administrator reinstall web designer premium - but of course still no guarantee it will work

or you could wait for a while and see if anyone else has a quick and easy fix up their sleeve...
    Nothing lasts forever...

when you uninstall/reinstall do you do this in windows control panel, or do you use a 'helpful' third party app - do you use any third party registry cleaners or performance booster/tuner apps; these have been know to mess things up

I would restore - but then I am geared up for this in the way I back my systems/data up, and I can guarantee that I will be going back to a clean install

I can appreciate if you don't want to do this because of the upheaval, possible loss, and no guarantee of success

as an alternative what you could do is uninstall all the xara programs you have in reverse order of installing - in each case right-click on the .EXE file to run as administrator, and reboot after each one

probably would do no harm to run a full scan with your anti-virus program

then, again as administrator reinstall web designer premium - but of course still no guarantee it will work

or you could wait for a while and see if anyone else has a quick and easy fix up their sleeve...
    No, I don't install "Helpful" third party apps... I don't trust em. Good ole control panel for me.

I think this is the last trick up my own sleeve.....doing a restore.
    I just can't believe this didn't work.....now that I know I'm doing it correctly. (Thanks only to you guys!)

*Hangs head in defeat*

good luck - let us know how it works out - defeat is an absence of options, not options that mean a change of direction
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi,

Don't know how well you are around regedit.
    I found that if you uninstall the program and delete all registry folders related to the software and
    after a reboot of the pc it will wipe all related things to the software.
    Reinstalling might fix the problems of ill registered dll files and such.

Hans

Have you tried previewing with any other file or just this one?

If you haven't try creating a new web file, draw something simple like a square and see if it will preview.

Let us know what happens.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365