Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Unable to find the filters to export that file with

Also try re-install as administrator.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

good point - or even try a repair as administrator first - that might fix any DLL issues that have arisen as a consequence of trying to register [ to run a repair as administrator, right click on the xara .EXE installation file, select run as administrator, and it should come up as an option, along with uninstall; or you can use the windows uninstall program in control panel, should still get both options]l
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you do not need to open the DLL - what made you think you do?

you use regsvr32 [which is probably what xara told you to do]

now in fact, usually, what Mike suggested in post #2 works when you get this error message [it registers the DLL for you], but you say it did not work so there must be something in the way your system is set up that prevented this

in that case you may have to run the command regsvr32 in elevated mode [ie as administrator] too

it would be helpful to see exactly what it is you are trying to do - the instructions you are trying to follow, if you can post them up here
    http://support.xara.com/index.php?/K...rom-my-program
    This is the link to the directions Xara sent me.
    I opened the DLL because I thought that was what I had to register.
    Xara has been less than helpful.
    I asked them if I register the opened DLL or the DLL name.
    So I tried both....
    I have no idea what started this issue. Or how to un-do it.
    When I registered the DLL I was unsure about spaces and quotes, and I'm sure that stuff matters.
    I ran all these things in administer mode. The command prompt was ran as administer, and I tried opening Xara program as adminster, that doesn't seem to matter.
    I'm wondering if it was something my virus scanner detected and deleted? Is that even possible? I use Malwarebytes.

I'm clueless and getting frustrated.

ok I think you are confusing opening the DLL and copy/pasting the file path name, maybe

first thing i would do is run the repair as I mentioned above - or the reinstall [as Christine mentioned], because regsvr32 is unforgiving, best to make sure the DLLs have not been modified accidently in some way

and you never know if you do all that as administrator [right clicking - just being in an administrator login account is not necessarily enough] and first run the program as administrator it might just work

and no, the instructions are not very clear - if the above does not work, will see if I can be a bit more precise than xara re regsvr32 and command line
    Nothing lasts forever...

Open a CMD prompt as an Administrator.
    Which is to say, click on Start. In the Search field, type CMD
    Right-click over the cmd.exe that will appear at the top of the list, then choose to Run as Administrator like in this screen shot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-003505.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	109441

Now type the following text or copy it from below and change the installation folder to your own. This is for the 64-bit version. If you are using the 32-bit version, let me know.

Code:
    regsvr32 "C:\\Program Files\\Xara\\[Xara program name]\\Filters\\HTMLfilter.dll"
    Where it shows:
    Code:
    [Xara program name]
    you need to change it to your version. In my case, I am using XDP X9. So I would need to change that part to:
    Code:
    Xara Designer Pro X9
    Then once the entire string is correct, press the enter key.

Mike

thanks for that mike [saves me looking it up]

for the record: if you are using windows 10, search is not in start but on the taskbar by default
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ok I think you are confusing opening the DLL and copy/pasting the file path name, maybe

first thing i would do is run the repair as I mentioned above - or the reinstall [as Christine mentioned], because regsvr32 is unforgiving, best to make sure the DLLs have not been modified accidently in some way

and you never know if you do all that as administrator [right clicking - just being in an administrator login account is not necessarily enough] and first run the program as administrator it might just work

and no, the instructions are not very clear - if the above does not work, will see if I can be a bit more precise than xara re regsvr32 and command line
    Just finished running the repair.
    Still get the same error message.

I previously uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, and that did nothing as well.

So I just use the DLL name. Ex: HTMLFilter.dll That's what I register?
    I did try that with all the DLL files that are located in my program files for Xara. and it came back unsuccessful.

OHHHH. That makes sense. Having the whole thing in there. Duh.
    Yes, my os is 32 bit.

Is there a space between regsvr32 & "C... ?

Okay,
    I did just as you said.
    It was successful!!!
    (Now I'm a little worried though, because in my excitement, I copied exactly what you have, neglecting to remember that my os is 32)

But, the problem still exists.
    I have a folder called "Filters" and a folder called "DLL Files"

Do I need to perform this action with all the DLL files that there are? There are 8 different DLL files, including HTMLFilter.dll