Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Error reading .cdr file....

I am having an annoying and a frequent problem when I save files in Corel Draw 8.
    The problem is that many a times I save a file, a cannot reopen either the original as well the backup file. I get a message - error reading .cdr file.
    I use win98 as OS.

Default Re: Error reading .cdr file....

This sounds like a Hard Drive problem. Perhaps the file is being written on bad sectors of your disk. Run the ScanDisk utility that comes with Win98 a few times and see if that clears up the problem. This also may have something to do with not having enough space on your Hard Disk. Back some things up and remove them from the disk or buy another Hard Disk if you have less than 200 megs left on it.
    You can't "save" *.cdr files as jpeg or tif or gif or any other raster format. Cdr files can be exported to those formats but that renders them uneditable in CorelDraw.
    It could be a physical problem with the HD, yes. In addition to running ScanDisk I would also try repair file and save the problem file(s) directly to a removable disk (Zip, Jazz or even a simple floppy if the file is small enough.) To restore a file you can via CDR Repair Kit. http://www.cdr.repair/ Then try to reopen the file FROM the removable.
    Another option to look at would be a corrupted module somewhere in Corel itself. This would mean you'd have to reinstall CorelDraw.
    Hmmm..... When trying to reopen the backup file that Draw creates, Do you do it from the Open menu? I might try looking up the file in Windows Explorer and changing the extension from .bak to .cdr and double-clicking it.

Thanks for the reply. The problem is solved.)

Which solution did you use, it will be helpful for someone with the same problem.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk