Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Table generator

Default Table generator

There's been a lot of talk about the need for table support in Xara software.

I came across this website : http://www.tablesgenerator.com/html_tables#

It's a HTML table generator, so it might be useful in a placeholder, though I haven't tried it.

You can import CSV files to it.

You could even just snapshot the tables as a graphic for print applications.

Worth a play, perhaps?

Default Re: Table generator

Looks good and seems to work fine in a placeholder.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Design Gallery > Page elements & Widgets > Other Widgets > Table widget

Unfortunately Xara didn't advertise this that much when it was released in either V9 or 10 and I only discovered it by accident a while back

Design Gallery > Page elements & Widgets > Other Widgets > Table widget

It's not very good, though, is it?

Xara's table is a poor table implementation.

I have used tables written in, well, anything and everything, but mostly used an HTML editor for use in a placeholder. Along with the CSS for styling the elements. But placeholders themselves, especially for tables, is a kludge in itself.

Xara needs to implement a standard table widget* that works like most people expect a table to work (like Serif products). It can then be useful for print as well as web work.

*By widget, I mean a programming add-in that handles tables regardless of the intent. I have added table widgets to applications before and it isn't a big deal, at least for the input, styling and math functions as regards eventual print. How that output would be output for web work I have no idea. But I suspect these widgets are also readily available.