Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to (Can I) use web fonts with DPX10

I've been curious about this for a couple of months because I'm a font freak. Don't know why but I have a small obsession with fonts. I can lose an hour (or more) just browsing through font sites.

I noticed the web font option on my favorite font sites and gave a cursory look into installing them. Doing so involves CSS, which leads me to the question, "How do I transpose that to Designer Pro?" I'm guessing it's going to involve the "Page" properties or similar, but I'd really appreciate a "how-to!" I'm developing a new site for myself and there are a couple of web fonts I'd like to use if I can make them work.

I'm finally going to pursue writing. Countless people I've known throughout my life have told me I really should—even my therapist strongly suggests I write! I've done quite a bit of writing over the years, but never what I would call serious writing, as in the "for a living" kind of writing. Naturally, having developed and maintained the web site for the village in which we live, I wrote probably 90% of the text. But I spent more than 30 years in the restaurant business. I wrote training manuals and operations manuals which replaced outdated materials provided by the franchisor. As managing partner in a chain of pizza restaurants, I even wrote a series of guest articles for the local newspapers in each of our markets to help high school and college students land their first jobs.

Aside from my wife, you're the first people I've told. I imagine, at best, that's a dubious honor. But, once I get my blog up and running, I'll ask you for your thoughts and suggestions. But, first things first, how do I add those pesky little web fonts?

Thanks!!
    Jack

Default Re: How to (Can I) use web fonts with DPX10

Jack - You have an actual name!

If you use any of the Google fonts, the proper script is written for web fonts. For other fonts, I am sure they must have some script that goes either in the head or body portion of the HTML. And this would be added in the Website > Head or Body enter text areas.

Jack - You have an actual name!
    LOL!

Thanks for the info. I putzed around with CSS when I was writing HTML but after I came back to Xara, I guess I got lazy because the program is just so much more efficient. (Except when your text gets exported as an image)

I'll play around with it and see if I can make it work. Thanks once again!

OK. Let us know how it works out and what you learn.