Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Is slow loading of Designer Pro 11 Normal

On my computer, Designer PRO 11 takes about 20 or more seconds to open. Is this normal for everyone?
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Re: Is slow loading of Designer Pro 11 Normal

Probably because you have a complex file that is opening with DPX11. I have noticed this too but that is what I think the cause is. DPX11 is opening and at the same time loading the last file or files that we open when you last closed.

My (really fast) computer mouse freezes for 5+ seconds and then the apps take 10-15 seconds to display. All without any loaded files.
    Happened before W10 upgrade and definitely after v11 upgrades.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Mine takes about 12 secs from when I select Open (right click on shortcut) to a blank page. This is same time on both i7 3840QM (3GHz & 16GB and SSHD) and on my i7 5960x (4GHz & 32GB and SSD). Approx same load times +/- 1 sec or so - both less than 15 secs, with and without a network connection.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Probably because you have a complex file that is opening with DPX11. I have noticed this too but that is what I think the cause is. DPX11 is opening and at the same time loading the last file or files that we open when you last closed.
    No, it's just opening a blank template (417 k) each time.

Xara's Facebook

hmmm. for me, both P&GD10 and DP11 open with several files loading in under 10 seconds from the double-click running Win10. from memory it was about the same with Win8.1 too.
    but i also cache my most used apps to my ssd so that might be helping a bit too (or so the settings are telling me )

Well NUTS!
    My first estimate on the time it takes to cold Start Xara is waaaayyyyy off. I actually used the computer second clock to time it and it actually takes 1:20 seconds to start.

CRUD! I was doing the "one thousand-one, one thousand-two" thing, but I was counting too slow. So, in actual seconds it takes 80 seconds for mine to load.

Xara's Facebook

That does seem abnormal Ron. I just timed mine 3 times and it took around 20 seconds to load and that included several files I had opened previously. But, I have noticed it taking longer to load too, I wonder if that is an early sign of bloat.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.