Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default My Very First Xara Website (and wide screen!)

Hello friends,

finally finished my first website using Xara. http://www.pureonite.com/

My client seems happy this being stage 1. its only one very long page.

I must admit, I am very impressed the Xara and wrapped I purchased it. I find it very easy to use and if i want to do anything there seems to be a way. Im now starting my own site...hhmm...probably should show my fellow competitors but its work in progress and feedback welcome www.mediakitchen.co.nz

Ive notice if i use a transparent PNG file over on top of another transparent background it forms a white box on the png. other than wrapped!

Very keen to stick with Xara and I hope something can be integrated to support CMS in the near future.

Cheers
    William

Default Re: My Very First Xara Website (and wide screen!)

Congratulations on your first Xara website!

There are a few typos in there and mis-spelling of the product name!

In some places the text flow and spacing is very odd. In some places the text seems to be an image (particularly with bullet lists).

I think the colour and size of the form could be revised (the green doesn't match and the form is very small). I'm not sure it's a great idea using that free form - saves money but it's advertising itself.

I had to look up the ingredients because I hadn't ever heard of this product, and your site is the only reference to it. Seems it's Fullers Earth+husks. I did expect that the rather ambitious medical benefits would have some kind of reference to substantiate them, but I couldn't find anything. It seems the use of the main ingredients is well known in that industry sector.

Next time around, I'd give the index page a relevant title and provide alt-text for all of your images.

I've pointed out a lot of small things, but you should be pleased with your first site.

I would gush a bit more but I'm not a believer in all of the claims made on this site.

Good luck with the next one!

Paul

Hi William

I have moved your thread to the Web Gallery forum.

Both sites load slow for me. Might be because I am pretty far from New Zealand. I like your Media Kitchen site a lot once it loads. The design is very clean and effective.

I've also noticed - there's no phone number, company name, or anything to say who is selling the product!

Cool website!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer