Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: The posting via FTP creates a misspelled word

The short of it is that web fonts generally do not use OT features--meaning there is not a script embedded in the font that allows the use of ligatures. How Xara is accessing a ligature would be beyond me as it is not OpenType-aware. So this may be the browser rendering that is composing the ligature, if this is indeed a ligature issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I thought it might be the ligature ti in the font and i seem to be right, I found: http://askubuntu.com/questions/25182...ia-calibri-fon.
    Acorn
    Hi Guys,
    Well you certainly can congratulate yourselves, 1st class degree in Sherlock Holmes logic.
    I tested your theory it was the font type.
    When I checked the font used It only showed me it as Calibri 19.9 I had not selected Regular as a side enhancement.
    so I changed the style to Arial, and it works.......
    Can I assume then that the Calibri font is at fault here as Arial does not cause the problem at all, or is it something else?

Well done

Thank you

Steve Bishop

Great find Acorn.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Great find Acorn.
    Hi Guys,
    I've just been onto the Firefox forum and updated them as to what the error is, and I was asked to supply a screen shot. As I still have the original pages saved separately showing the errors I used those to open up in Xara so as I could take a screen shot of the error, once I had used the (Preview current web page) but as I did so this warning box appeared. (screen shot taken and attached). I have to put my hands up on this one, but in my defence when it 1st came up I assumed it was Xara saying be careful I don't have this font in my system, not do not use it because it will damage your health - so to speak - being unaware of the prospective problems I just selected OK. So in a way I am at fault here for not understanding the warning message, but I am coding illiterate.
    I am sorry guys for wasting your valuable time on this ...perhaps I should try learn some more.

Thanks

Steve Bishop

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Calibri warning.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	109373