Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The posting via FTP creates a misspelled word

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Try filing a ticket with Xara support and include your .xar/.web files.
    Hi,
    You must have your crystal ball out.....Have just submitted a ticket to Xara and to Firefox as well.

Thanks

Steve Bishop

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Try filing a ticket with Xara support and include your .xar/.web files.
    Hi,
    Thank you for such a quick reply.....you must have your crystal ball with you as I have just submitted a support ticket. - I also went to the Mozilla forum and submitted my problem to them, I had an almost immediate reply saying it looks like a JavaScript coding error within Firefox, so I've asked who to speak to Now.
    will keep every one updated.

Thanks

Steve Bishop

I'm not seeing any spelling issues (meeting or Trifle) when I preview in Firefox (Previous Cakes). Are you seeing this in Preview or after publishing the site to your website host?

It's on Steve's website Gary, only in FF.

http://www.home-computer.co.uk/previous%20cakes.htm

Stranger still, click View Source.

http://www.home-computer.co.uk/previous cakes.htm

I think this may have soething to do with page names containing spaces but I might be completely wrong.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sorry, but just to throw a wrench into the works, it's not just a Firefox thing ... As you can see Opera is exhibiting the same behaviour ..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015.08.07_13h04m49s_001.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	109360
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

No spanner Keith, it just highlights the problem further.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    No spanner Keith, it just highlights the problem further.
    Hi guys - thanks for helping....I am also on the Mozilla site asking the same questions and posting replies that are relevant to this problem.

I am way out of my depth in coding etc, so I will have to ask those who know to help.

keep going Guys.

Thanks again

Steve Bishop

Hi Steve, I can find some strange things with your file:
    1: The text between the photo's can't be selected in a browser. This is the text that contains the trifle word.
    2: It has an overlaying transparent png: http://www.home-computer.co.uk/whcc_htm_files/9704.png
    3: If I copy this text block there appears to be an anchor, but I can't find out what image it's anchored to.

However why any of this should cause words to have missing characters I've no idea. The page sources of all browsers contain the correct spellings.

Very odd!
    Egg

Change your font from Calibri Regular to Calibri.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I thought it might be the ligature ti in the font and i seem to be right, I found: http://askubuntu.com/questions/25182...ia-calibri-fon.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat