Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo on back board that doesn't move!

Hi guy's How can I place a stretch photo on the back ground or back board that doesn't move and then have the next layer on top (white) move over the photo to cover it up as the white text area moves up? Here an example: http://gravitypayments.com/
    Another good example is Casa Madero Vinery: http://www.madero.com.mx/hacienda/ How is this done. Yes, the Madero is a little extreme, and Gravity payments is more what I am looking for. But if you can explain how this can be done or accomplished with WD 11, that would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Photo on back board that doesn't move!

This cannot be done in version 11. These sites were probably created with Adobe Muse.

The best you can do is try to create a similar effect or better still, an original effect.

Also, please update your profile to include your current product or product. I know you mentioned WD11 but sometimes when no mention of a specific product is made we moderators look at your profile to see what product you are using.

FixedBackGround.web
    Hi Coach,

To get the same/similar effect you'll need to open a new Web Doc, Insert an Image, right click the image and select set as pasteboard background. Now right click on the pasteboard background (make sure your not right clicking the page background) and select Pasteboard background >> Fixed.

To get a similar design youll also want a sticky header that stretches the width, and a NON-sticky full width space for content. See the Attached File.

Am I alone in finding these new animations bilious?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.Moses View Post
    FixedBackGround.web
    Hi Coach,

To get the same/similar effect you'll need to open a new Web Doc, Insert an Image, right click the image and select set as pasteboard background. Now right click on the pasteboard background (make sure your not right clicking the page background) and select Pasteboard background >> Fixed.

To get a similar design youll also want a sticky header that stretches the width, and a NON-sticky full width space for content. See the Attached File.
    Hum, I tried that, step per step and when I get to the part where you say....Right Click on Pasteboard background and select "Pasteboard Background" >>> fixed! I don't have a link that says that. When I right click on the pasteboard background, it only says..."Position on Page"! Under that link selection is.....Fixed, Footer, Automatic, Stretch with Page, and Push. So when I select Fixed, and I preview the page, the photo still moves up under the sticky header. I tried using your attached file, and replacing the picture, but it still moves with bottom text box under the sticky header. I'll keep trying. I noticed that you are using the full width of the photo where I see that it is a 25% enlarged. When I place it to 100%, it fills the whole screen and more. So it looks like you must have used a large format picture for the paste board background, rather then stretching it. All though I am not stretching it, when I view the page, it doesn't fill the full screen. So that tells me I have to have a large format picture. I could be wrong. I will try it. Plus, I'm only using this as a background photo. see attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ice.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	109322  

The page is shown at 25% Coach. The photo is 1/4 the size it will be at 100% (1:1) Zoom.

Hi Coach,

Is your Pasteboard background locked or unlocked? That option should only come up when you have selected an object or item. The default state for the pasteboard background is locked, if it is unlocked then you may be selecting the image itself which is what would give you the Position on Page Menu Option. The % shown is simply the zoom factor, I have used a large picture because as monitors get bigger I don't want the picture to look pixelated. How exactly are you replacing the image, all the settings should be saved so when you replace the image, the fixed settings are kept.

Okay, I tryed what you said and it work...thanks. However, what if I want one landscape picture pasted on the background board, but have it fixed and NOT tiled. Is there a way to turn off the tile?

Quote Originally Posted by Head Coach View Post
    Okay, I tryed what you said and it work...thanks. However, what if I want one landscape picture pasted on the background board, but have it fixed and NOT tiled. Is there a way to turn off the tile?
    Right-click on the Pasteboard, find Pasteboard background and untick Tiled. You might also want to experiment with Fill browser window.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat