Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Why does Graphtec plotter not cut shapes?

I installed Graphtec's Windows Plotter Controller, a software allowing printing directly from applications to the CE6000-60 cutting plotter. However, when I print from Designer Pro X11, shapes are not cut, not even a single rectangle. Text is cut fine, obviously as long as it hasn’t been converted to shapes.

What could be the explanation? Does Xara always raster shapes?

When I printed from Rhinoceros, a spline based CAD software, then everything was cut.

In Xara's print options, Print as… is set to: Normal

Default Re: Why does Graphtec plotter not cut shapes?

Not a region I often venture into but try setting the line (stroke) width to zero?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    try setting the line (stroke) width to zero?
    I tried printing shapes with a stroke and no fill, as well as shapes without stroke and with fill. Both did not cut. I did not try, however, printing shapes without stroke and without fill. That would be a nightmare to work with anyhow.

Not familiar with your pl9tter. The ones I have used require a line of 0.007" or less and require the cut line to be a named color. We usually use a Pantone color and rename it CutContour. But the naming thing is due to the software used. I would look in the help for the plotter to see if a dimension for the line weight is given.

Maybe you need to replace the ink with an Xacto knife.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Maybe you need to replace the ink with an Xacto knife.
    The Graphtec CE6000-60 is a cutting plotter with no capability to inkjet print - it only uses a cutting blade. I have the same model. However, I use Flexi-Pro 10 as my cutting plotter software, and am required to export Xara created files as AI format to make it work, and it works fine. I've never used the Windows Plotter controller.