Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Tearing out what hair I have left!

Hi

I am using WD11 Premium. I have written a website called cricketumpiring.com. I am at my wits end trying to solve the following problem:

I have designed a page (http://www.cricketumpiring.com/practice%20exams.htm) to host a number of multi-choice quizzes, written using A-PDF Quizzer. The program publishes the files to web using flash as .swf. I use "Link to file" for each quiz which are accessed by clicking on a linked text box.

I have been experimenting with a number of quiz generation programs (Wondershare, Free Quizmaker etc.) before deciding yesterday to use A-PDF Quizzer. Yesterday I re-wrote three 25 question quizzes in the A-PDF package and published them successfully. This morning I decided to downsize the quizzes to 20 question. All attempts to republish the modified quizzes have failed. I have previewed the quizzes from within the software and all is ok. When I link to the .swf file on my desktop and republish the website I get one of the old quizzes loading in all my browsers. The .swf file for that old quiz no longer exists on my desktop, it is not in the "Web_files folder" and is not in the cache for any of the browsers. I have gone directly to the web host folder for the website and cleared out all the .swf files. I have set the publishing option from within WD11 to republish all files. However, this old file keeps coming back. When I recheck the index_htm_files folder on the webhost two .swf files are showing, one with the file name of the quiz and the other with the name "quiz".

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Regards
    Kevin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Tearing out what hair I have left!

Flash files (.swf quizzes) are previewing ok locally when the "Quiz.html" file is double clicked. When they are uploaded in the publishing process I get the following error message when I try to view the quiz on the website:
    [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"].

The following files are created by the software publish to web process:

const.php
    emailclass.php
    Quiz.html
    quiz.swf
    VideoPlayerProject.swf

A folder called "data" is also created containing:
    config.xml
    swfobject.js

All these files are contained in a folder named according to the name of the quiz (see attached).

As per the software instructions I have inserted the folder in the _web_files folder so that it is uploaded on publishing.

I have checked the upload folder on the web host and the folder and all its contents have uploaded successfully.

I notice that some of the files in each of the exported quiz folders which are in index_htm_files are replicated by name in the root of index_htm_files folder:
    quiz.swf
    const.php
    emailclass.php
    Quiz.html
    quiz.swf
    swfobject.js
    videoPlayerProject.swf
    Last edited by kkeys; 02 August 2015 at 07:38 AM.

Have you tried refreshing your browser F5 or Ctrl + F5.

I am getting this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2015-08-02 13.39.03.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	109271

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Downloaded you zip file and uploaded the content using Filezilla here:

http://parkeston.com/Umpiring%20Prac...%201/Quiz.html

Seems to work fine? Let me know when you've sorted it out & I'll delete the file from my server.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Working in a xar file. Don't know the swf dimensions to correctly size the iframe.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

No progress at my end. All browsers give the same result as what Acorn sees. Egg, the swf file is 800 x 600. When I load your amended file and preview it I get a large blank white rectangle.

In the past I have used Wondershare to present my quizzes. As I am now retired I can't justify spending $160+US for their software so chose A-PDF as it was $35US. Previously I used to link to the Wondershare quiz using a simple text frame place holder. I never used iframes and never had any problems. The A-PDF software presents the swf in what I assume is an uncompiled form inside a folder. I assume I link to the .swf file and ensure that the whole folder is uploaded to the server? Wondershare provided only two files when the quiz was generated (.swf and .html). Is it possible to 'compile' these A-PDF files into a single PDF?

When I load your amended file and preview it I get a large blank white rectangle.
    I can't understand this Kevin, It loads the swf in all three browsers I have here. Did the link in the post above that load the swf?

Can anyone else tell me what they see?
    Egg

Egg

The link you provided me (parkeston) is working fine on my laptop. My site is not working on any browser. When I get home this afternoon I'll give the iframe method a try.

Can anyone else tell me what they see?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	umpire.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	109281