This is by no means a major issue as I don’t use the dark UI. Rather I’m obsessing over tracking the cause on my pc and any suggestions would be appreciated.

The button gallery in the light UI has misbehaved, in my case, since the dark was introduced. It doesn’t hamper my ability to drag an icon to a toolbar and given the decision to no longer support that UI, I hadn’t really paid it much thought.
However, in poking around the default UI after installing DPX11, I discovered odd behaviour there as well and then the same in DPX9 and DPX. A search of the forum turned up no mention if this in the dark UI.

I’ve uninstalled all versions of Xara, removed everything Xara related I could find in the registry, updated the graphic card drivers, re-installed only DPX11 and re-tested before configuring anything, including language, without change or resolution.

The nature and extent of the behaviour differs between UIs. In the light, the icons in the gallery pane are the only issue. When the pane launches the icons populate row by row from the bottom up, disappear and start the cycle again. After several rapid repetitions the cycling ends with the pane blank. Icons randomly appear and disappear on mouseover.

In the dark UI, as per the first image, the interface of Control Bar pane goes blank, except for the title bar, as soon as the Button Gallery is checked. Icons populate the gallery pane as per the light UI, but more slowly, cycling only twice and remaining visible when cycling stops. At the instant cycling stops as seen in the second image:
• The interface of the Control Bar pane reappears
• The icons of the top horizontal menu bar in the main Xara window disappear and reappear
• If a file is open, the visible objects disappear and reappear

System: i7-920 2.67GHz, Asus P6X58D MB, ATI (AMD) Radeon HD 5750, 6 GB memory, Windows 7 Pro Service Pack 1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkUI_ButtonPal_1.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	109285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkUI_ButtonPal_2.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	109286