Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro education course learning and training resource

Xhris!

I saw only small snippets but it looks to be an excellent material for anyone interested in mastering Xara tools.
    Many thanks on behalf of many users and my admiration.

Igor

Well Xhris would like to say Thank you for all your effort, I greatly appreciate the course, I'm at level 1 right now but I can tell, I will learn so many things. Well Thank you again

I have watched A LOT of your videos and they are my number 1 go to resource for naviating XARA, thank you SO much for this extraordinary piece of work!!!!
    Kind regards
    Linda

Helpful, awesome resource. Thanks!

Xhris. Many thanks. I'm a novice and your project is a complete labor of love. I think you should make it a book.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Xhris where are you? How about a new update to designer?

This course was originally designed for a professional project that was unsuccessful, unfortunately. The principle motivation has thus evaporated and given the incredible effort it took to produce it, it’s difficult to justify continuing. This is thus a sunset project. It was nevertheless released to the public to prevent the efforts going to total waste.Functionally, Xara Designer still seems to be the best graphics software out there that I'm aware of that I use daily both professionally and personally. The economic environment in the PC software world is such that there’s clearly been relative development stagnation of the desktop software for many years now. I'm not getting into details, but that’s unfortunate and the way things are. I suspect the desktop software just isn't making enough money to justify primary development. So, while I still use it as a primary piece of software, it’s hard to be excited by its rate and nature of development anymore, based on output.While I’ll on rare occasion chime in on this forum, I primarily glance every so often now just to learn of anything new. Lack of substantial desktop software development and some questionable historical treatment here doesn’t really incentivise like it used to.Ending on a positive note, I am still an active Xara user and contribute in other ways, and I think this education course is a decent legacy to have left. There’s always the potential for things to spring back to life should the desktop software development ever relatively recover.PS. My website has gone offline. That webspace was given to me for free by a user here and I'm not sure what happened to it, but, well, it’s gone. TBH, it was only a link to my XaraXhris YouTube page anyway where the main content is hosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    This course was originally designed for a professional project that was unsuccessful, unfortunately. The principle motivation has thus evaporated and given the incredible effort it took to produce it, it’s difficult to justify continuing. This is thus a sunset project. It was nevertheless released to the public to prevent the efforts going to total waste.

Functionally, Xara Designer still seems to be the best graphics software out there that I'm aware of that I use daily both professionally and personally. The economic environment in the PC software world is such that there’s clearly been relative development stagnation of the desktop software for many years now. I'm not getting into details, but that’s unfortunate and the way things are. I suspect the desktop software just isn't making enough money to justify primary development. So, while I still use it as a primary piece of software, it’s hard to be excited by its rate and nature of development anymore, based on output.

While I’ll on rare occasion chime in on this forum, I primarily glance every so often now just to learn of anything new. Lack of substantial desktop software development and some questionable historical treatment here doesn’t really incentivise like it used to.

Ending on a positive note, I am still an active Xara user and contribute in other ways, and I think this education course is a decent legacy to have left. There’s always the potential for things to spring back to life should the desktop software development ever relatively recover.

PS. My website has gone offline. That webspace was given to me for free by a user here and I'm not sure what happened to it, but, well, it’s gone. TBH, it was only a link to my XaraXhris YouTube page anyway where the main content is hosted.
    Xhris, again, your effort was clearly monumental and surely appreciated by all Xara users.

I am sorry you have lost your website hosting and I hope none of its content.

To re-iterate, your webspace loss is not a loss to the YouTube videos; they are still there at https://www.youtube.com/user/XaraXhris.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    ... I think this education course is a decent legacy to have left.
    That's quite an understatement, Xhris. The course is simply fantastic and very much appreciated. Too bad that it didn't succeed as a professional project. If there's a way to make a donation, I'll be happy to do so.

You also mentioned that development of desktop software is not a main activity anymore but Affinity has committed to re-engineering almost its entire product lineup. And, apparently, doing quite well financially. I agree that Xara still has great graphics software and, who knows, perhaps they realize that they still have a very competitive product on their hands and recommit to its further development.

It seems the link for the class is offline now? While I'm here is there anywhere, where I can download the files to Gary Bouton's old book on Xara Xtreme? I picked up a copy recently, but the files seem to be no longer available at the two places indicated in the book. Hoping I can still find them somewhere.