Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro education course learning and training resource

I've viewed just one segment and learnt stuff already - seriously, I'll have to go back and watch from the start again. There's so much detail in there I just can't believe it. Your commentary is very professional too, you had to have written scripts and practised the delivery. I'll bet there were many hours of video editing involved as well. All I can say is Congratulations and Thanks for this fantastic resource. Very professional!

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    One thing, you may want to add more keywords in YouTube to find your videos. I have entered "xara software learning course" which returned your course on the 14th hit...
    Thanks. I've added permutations of that search criteria to the keywords of all videos; hopefully search hits will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydear View Post
    ...you had to have written scripts and practised the delivery...
    No scripts; just a succinct plan then improvised delivery, similar to giving a presentation/public speaking or something. The out-takes are 18-rated unfortunately...
    And yes it took hundreds of hours of work over a year to create this for everyone. >.<
    Thanks

I am new to this program, and never had the version 10, so i have no idea how similar your tutorials are.
    Would you estimate a percentage of how much of it would be applicable to version 11
    Thanks

100% now

What a fantastic resource thank you so much!

I have been a user of Xara for over 2 years now and have learned ways of achieving results that are probably not as good as they could be and definitely take longer than they should!

I am going to discipline myself and work through your course from the beginning, the only problem I think of is that like Homer Simpson - 'every time I learn something new, it pushes old stuff our of my brain!'

Thanks again

Hi,
    That is a FANTASTIC collection of instructions!! Beats 'bumbling' yer way through Xara for a newbie! GREAT work!!
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

This is wonderful and very much appreciated. What a lot of work. WOW!

A big thanks from me too. What a huge task! Even though I've only had a quick glance so far, I can tell your videos are just what I need for a quick start on the web side of things.

Hope you don't mind but I have a small query, (it's probably just me), but in Chapter 5: Presentations (0:29:41 MOUSE INTERACTIVITY: Advanced layer commands), I think you refer to another tutorial with further details, but I'm not exactly sure which one to look at. Thanks.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    ...in Chapter 5: Presentations (0:29:41 MOUSE INTERACTIVITY: Advanced layer commands), I think you refer to another tutorial with further details, but I'm not exactly sure which one to look at. Thanks.
    Yes, sorry. I called them "advanced POPUP layer commands" on my time index. Chapter 4 (2/2) 0:31:10 advanced popup layer commands.

Ah ha that explains it. I was in a hurry and used Find (Ctrl-F) 'Advanced layer' so it didn't show in the search results. I'll take a look at the video later. Thanks again.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022