Lightbulb Accented Letters in a Xara Document

This chart might help:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lettering.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	133316

Keyboard Shortcuts.xar

It really depends on your keyboard, Language and other applications' settings.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Accented Letters in a Xara Document

That diacritics list is certainly helpful, Acorn! Thank you!

Thanks Acorn, that will come in handy as I often type in French and had to look up some the accented letters.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

merci
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I removed my previous post and those relating to it.

Well done Acorn. Very useful.

Hello Acorn,

I do think your approach is useful for most people. If there is need for more shortcuts, there is Wincompose (https://github.com/samhocevar/wincompose) that gives the possibility of custom shortcuts (and has a humongous set of default shortcuts). Personally, I find that its default shortcuts are a bit too much. However, the program can be totally customized by removing the check marks in Options, Composing, Sequences, and defining your own user-defined sequences in the .XCompose text file. The result can be very similar to AllChars which was a much used utility in older versions of Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Hello Acorn,

I do think your approach is useful for most people. If there is need for more shortcuts, there is Wincompose (https://github.com/samhocevar/wincompose) that gives the possibility of custom shortcuts (and has a humongous set of default shortcuts). Personally, I find that its default shortcuts are a bit too much. However, the program can be totally customized by removing the check marks in Options, Composing, Sequences, and defining your own user-defined sequences in the .XCompose text file. The result can be very similar to AllChars which was a much used utility in older versions of Windows.
    lex, thank you for the suggestion.

I actually prefer Character Map UWP that is a better replacement for the usual CharMap.
    That too is overwhelming.

My best fall-back is an AutoHotKey script, CAPshift.ahk, which you can totally customise to your needs.

The MS Virtual (Touch) Keyboard for W11 seemingly has better diacritics.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Have a look at copychar.cc ... you click on a character and it adds it to the clipboard for pasting. Not all characters work with Xara, but I find it very useful for a lot of items especially the fractions, in a number of programs.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Have a look at copychar.cc ... you click on a character and it adds it to the clipboard for pasting. Not all characters work with Xara, but I find it very useful for a lot of items especially the fractions, in a number of programs.
    Yes, I remember you plugging it before.

What I liked about it is the top line remembers which ones you copied and you can grab these again.

𓀉 👍 × 🖨 🃏 🃍 👍

Acorn

You have a better memory than I have then ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.