Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

xdp6 Xara Designer Pro education course learning and training resource

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logo2.jpg 
Views:	1030 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	109253

I'm happy to say there is now a full educational course available for Xara Designer Pro. This is something that has been requested on this forum several times over the years, but producing such an educational resource to a very high standard of quality is not a simple task. This video course principally walks through every feature and niche proclivity in the software, and is principally aimed at beginners who want to learn how Xara’s tools work and how to use them. Features and tools in the software are demonstrated from first principles so that people can then either get started, or start applying artistic drawing or design knowledge etc. they may already have. This course may also be good for people who want to learn about some less well-known features.

I’d recommend starting at my website (which has finally had a facelift): www.xhris.digitalred.net. Course content is listed and there are links to the main YouTube video playlist. Each video is lengthy and full of topics, and so has a very detailed time index to help viewing in bite-sized comfortable sittings, or for quick reference of particular features (the entire list can be text-searched from my website). Note that specific videos are likely to be replaced with updated / corrected versions over time, so I would recommend linking only to the main playlist to avoid dead links; the playlist is permanent.

This work is completely free and you’ll never see a request to “comment, rate, and subscribe”. Note that at the moment, it doesn’t cover any of the V11 features (it’s a V10 course), but I expect to produce an entirely new video course for V11 before October.

FYI, this course has taken me over a year to design and create (hence why it’s a V10 course). Hundreds of hours of work have gone into it. One of the most difficult challenges was designing a course structure that fully and logically covered all the features of such a large and complex piece of software; the written plan alone is over 12,000 words. This difficulty was compounded by there being no equivalent course elsewhere to base on; as far as I know, it’s the world’s first dedicated educational course for Xara software. It’s also a voluntary effort and not associated with Xara Ltd. in any way (they didn’t pay me or even ask for this). Technically, I could have written a book and sold it for cash, but fortunately I'm not money-driven and like to think I can set a higher standard.

If you want to contact me, I would recommend through YouTube.

Enjoy!

Xhris

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro education course learning and training resource

That's a terrific gift, Chris. Thanks.

It's Christmas in August! I am watching Chapter 2 and I am hugely impressed. What a great resource! The index with all the different items is really useful.

I am not really sure whether to congratulate or thank you. Both, probably.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thank you Xris A lot of work obviously went into this. I've made this thread sticky
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Xhris, here's me been chipping away at the glacier and you've had the skill to craft an ice structure.

Gratefully received,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Very impressive. Kudos to you, Xhris!

Phil

Top stuff Chris. Pity it can't be given something like the Adobe Accreditation through Xara to show skill levels. Becoming an Xara Certified Expert gives you a clear and focused way to tell the world about your expertise and communicate your proficiency in leading product from Xara. All that would look good from a perspective in today's job market and may if your lucky give Xara/Maagix products a boost in the industry. Still great work Chris, what a hero and a large task for no money
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thank you Xhris. I will definitely be looking at that.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

That is a GREAT set of tutorials Xhris very informative and well done. Even with my hearing loss I was able to understand the commentary (which on some tutorials I can't )
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

here's me right in the middle of upgrading three computers to various levels of win10, one of which is a bitch and I have no time to watch all these properly [sob]

but like everyone else I am awed at the work and commitment you have shown; I shall be back, thank you