Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Logo2.jpg 
Views:	1041 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	109253

I'm happy to say there is now a full educational course available for Xara Designer Pro. This is something that has been requested on this forum several times over the years, but producing such an educational resource to a very high standard of quality is not a simple task. This video course principally walks through every feature and niche proclivity in the software, and is principally aimed at beginners who want to learn how Xara’s tools work and how to use them. Features and tools in the software are demonstrated from first principles so that people can then either get started, or start applying artistic drawing or design knowledge etc. they may already have. This course may also be good for people who want to learn about some less well-known features.

I’d recommend starting at my website (which has finally had a facelift): www.xhris.digitalred.net. Course content is listed and there are links to the main YouTube video playlist. Each video is lengthy and full of topics, and so has a very detailed time index to help viewing in bite-sized comfortable sittings, or for quick reference of particular features (the entire list can be text-searched from my website). Note that specific videos are likely to be replaced with updated / corrected versions over time, so I would recommend linking only to the main playlist to avoid dead links; the playlist is permanent.

This work is completely free and you’ll never see a request to “comment, rate, and subscribe”. Note that at the moment, it doesn’t cover any of the V11 features (it’s a V10 course), but I expect to produce an entirely new video course for V11 before October.

FYI, this course has taken me over a year to design and create (hence why it’s a V10 course). Hundreds of hours of work have gone into it. One of the most difficult challenges was designing a course structure that fully and logically covered all the features of such a large and complex piece of software; the written plan alone is over 12,000 words. This difficulty was compounded by there being no equivalent course elsewhere to base on; as far as I know, it’s the world’s first dedicated educational course for Xara software. It’s also a voluntary effort and not associated with Xara Ltd. in any way (they didn’t pay me or even ask for this). Technically, I could have written a book and sold it for cash, but fortunately I'm not money-driven and like to think I can set a higher standard.

If you want to contact me, I would recommend through YouTube.

Enjoy!

Xhris