Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bug XDP11 Bug: Button Palette blanks out

I've installed XDP11 on my desktop PC and my tablet, and in both cases there seems to be an issue with the button palette. When I activate it, I can see the buttons for a split second, then the dialog box blanks out. If I run the mouse across the box, some of the buttons come back, but not all. In both cases, I've switched to the light theme, so it may be something to do with that. I don't have either machine in front of me at the moment, or I would post a screenshot.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Default Re: XDP11 Bug: Button Palette blanks out

I have the same issue when using the light theme, the buttons on the button palette show for a second and then all disappear. When I move the mouse over the palette, some show, some don't. This problem does not occur when I use the dark theme.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I use the dark theme and I have never had this issue. I have a feeling though that issues with the light theme are going to be at the bottom of the devs to do list. to be honest I'd like to see them make adjustments to the dark theme so that those of you who still use the old light theme will be comfortable enough to come to the dark side
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I have a feeling though that issues with the light theme are going to be at the bottom of the devs to do list.
    That's a rather bold assumption, Angelize. I am happy to inform you that the buttons that were designed for the new features (such as web animation and stickies/stretchies) have their own versions for the light interface. So, it is still alive and (albeit a bit too much ) kicking.

Ben, what I did was customize the toolbars using the dark interface and when I was done, close the program, navigate to C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X11, and change the file name of xaradark.cjstyles to something else (don't delete the file because you may need it again at a later time). When you start up the program again, it cannot find the file and uses the default light gray interface with all the customized toolbars intact.

the current light theme is legacy and not officially supported - xara have said this

so frances' suggestion that they incorporate a supported light theme is a good one

meanwhile if there will be glitches in the light theme - it is not a question of there being buttons present or not, it is a question of whether they are accessible in the legacy UI

The light UI button palette is seriously munged. I can temporarily get many of the icons back by resizing the palette. Anything that causes it to redraw, such as change of focus, makes them disappear again. The icons also disappear from the custom control bars while I'm trying to define them. However, they do seem to stick once I drop the control bar into place on the border.

they are there as far as the program is concerned, just not renderable [visible] or 'clickable' because the old UI does not support them anymore

This could just be a bug, Handrawn. When the customized toolbars -- including the newly designed buttons for the light interface -- are in place the light UI works like a charm.

are you saying there is a light interface officially supported by xara? because I do not know of one, but it might have escaped me - as far as I know there is the dark interface, and there is a hack back to the old light interface [or you can use the four key switch] - if something does not work in an unsupported UI that is not a bug it is, sooner or later, to be expected....