Good Day Everyone,

I have been using Xara graphics since I got a copy of CorelXara back in '95. Have been doing a lot of personal things like binder covers, family announcements, etc. with it over the years and really enjoy the process.

This is a new area for me so please excuse me if I am not quite phrasing it correctly. My new boss recently asked if using my Xara Photo & Designer 10, if it was possible to build a background layer showing something like a parking lot layout. Then developing an overlay that would pull text data from an Excel file or Word document table to populate text data over the background?

An example I came up with was a parking lot showing the parking spaces with rows 1 through 10. Rows 1 - 4 have 25 spaces, 5 - 8 have 33 spaces and 9 & 10 have 30 spaces. So I draw the background spaces as Layer 1. In Layer 2 I would want to link each parking space to a cell in an external document. The need for the external document is that the text for each space may change from week to week but we would like t print out the most recent configuration. If these can be linked it would save a lot of time trying to do this manually in just the various layers.

Thank you for any help in this matter.

Mark M.