Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Default Misbehaving Button Gallery in Dark UI

This is by no means a major issue as I don’t use the dark UI. Rather I’m obsessing over tracking the cause on my pc and any suggestions would be appreciated.

The button gallery in the light UI has misbehaved, in my case, since the dark was introduced. It doesn’t hamper my ability to drag an icon to a toolbar and given the decision to no longer support that UI, I hadn’t really paid it much thought.
    However, in poking around the default UI after installing DPX11, I discovered odd behaviour there as well and then the same in DPX9 and DPX. A search of the forum turned up no mention if this in the dark UI.

I’ve uninstalled all versions of Xara, removed everything Xara related I could find in the registry, updated the graphic card drivers, re-installed only DPX11 and re-tested before configuring anything, including language, without change or resolution.

The nature and extent of the behaviour differs between UIs. In the light, the icons in the gallery pane are the only issue. When the pane launches the icons populate row by row from the bottom up, disappear and start the cycle again. After several rapid repetitions the cycling ends with the pane blank. Icons randomly appear and disappear on mouseover.

In the dark UI, as per the first image, the interface of Control Bar pane goes blank, except for the title bar, as soon as the Button Gallery is checked. Icons populate the gallery pane as per the light UI, but more slowly, cycling only twice and remaining visible when cycling stops. At the instant cycling stops as seen in the second image:
    • The interface of the Control Bar pane reappears
    • The icons of the top horizontal menu bar in the main Xara window disappear and reappear
    • If a file is open, the visible objects disappear and reappear

System: i7-920 2.67GHz, Asus P6X58D MB, ATI (AMD) Radeon HD 5750, 6 GB memory, Windows 7 Pro Service Pack 1

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkUI_ButtonPal_1.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	109285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DarkUI_ButtonPal_2.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	109286

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Misbehaving Button Gallery in Dark UI

I can't repeat this. can anyone else?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I can't either. I tried yesterday and I noticed that in 11 the cycle regenerates twice where in 8, 9, and 10 it onlly regenerates once. I did not try switching between light and dark ui. Seems like I heard somewhere that repeatedly switching can cause problems, whether that is the case here I can't say, nor do I know if it even true.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

After building custom control bars in the light UI, I closed and reopened the application. I saved those toolbars using an old version of XaReg. Then I switched to the dark UI and rebuilt all the controlbars in that interface. The next time I tried to open the application, I couldn't get in. I had to uninstall and reinstall. I haven't had time to work with it since.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for checking.
    Larry, if I understand correctly you are seeing the gallery icons cycle in the dark UI, but not the rest of what I described?
    After switching to the dark UI in DPX to test, the icons regenerated only once up to the point when I rebooted. Then they too started regenerating twice as per 9 and 11.

Thanks julia. I'll look into it further when I get time.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Julia is that a problem? On my computer they regenerate very quickly. Just wndering.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509