Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Default Anyone have Windows 10 yet

I signed up my PC for the Windows 10 update. But, when I look at the icon it tells me. "We are validating Windows 10 for your PC .. we recommend that to upgrade after you get your notification
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Default Re: Anyone have Windows 10 yet

Please wait
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Microsoft will probably dispatch the upgrades in waves, so to avoid server overload if everyone would start downloading the upgrade. I haven't received a message either. We should be patient
    Besides, I'll probably wait a while before upgrading so that MS gets a chance to fix any glaring bugs that could be revealed by early adopters

It downloaded but failed to install...

Not a good start!

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    I signed up my PC for the Windows 10 update. But, when I look at the icon it tells me. "We are validating Windows 10 for your PC .. we recommend that to upgrade after you get your notification
    I get same message Grace.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

I've got it and like it.

All my Xara stuff works with it and although I can't actually get Cortana to work I'm not over bothered by that.

registered 4 days ago on 3 laptops and they all had the update this morning, going from 8.1, tried it out and so far so good. cortana is actually quite good and edge is a revelation. going to try it on an older pc to see if it's still good.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

got it installed as windows update this morning - everything seems to work - with just 3 quirks I found so far. Both Edge and Windows Explorer (File explorer?) don't remember their last position on the screen - and my desktop - an HP envy with beats audio... the beats audio doesn't have any effect anymore - the app is still in the system tray and opens when I click on it, but the equalizer doesn't have any apparent effect on the quality of the audio - may need to find an update to its drivers or maybe HP will realease a new version. All in all - not that bad. Xara works!
    Glenn

Just tried an old laptop (just 2 years old) and cortana gave a warning that the mic would; well, not work correctly. It did install fine but only picks up commands now and then, it seems some old hardware will have problems, perhaps I should update the drivers in a couple of days.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Just installed it. Seems ok. Some slowness. My Bookmarks in Microsoft Edge all appear in reverse order from Import. Can't move some of the Bookmark folders.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer