Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone have Windows 10 yet

Thanks for your deactivate answer. However is it necessary when downloading the new Windows 10?

Perhaps this thread may answer your question: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...and-windows-10

Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw View Post
    Thanks for your deactivate answer. However is it necessary when downloading the new Windows 10?
    I updated to W10 without deactivating - no probs :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Nice to hear that, I did not find any deactivating ability going thru the help button on my Xara product anyway as was suggested by a poster. My Xara works fine with Win 7 and I keep asking myself why upgrade and ask for some more of the MS troubles that always show up with new products. Then that little voice say's come on, try something new, it won't hurt your computer or will it?

The deactivating ability just arrived with v11
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    The deactivating ability just arrived with v11
    That settles that, I only have Designer Pro X so will keep using my Win 7 for now. I enjoy trying different things with my Xara and the program always can do anything I come up with. Lots of challenges for an old fart of 74.

Lots of challenges for all of us Choctaw, Xara programs are amazingly versatile

Yes zaphodeist Xara is amazing in it's functionality..................years ago I found it so frustrating having to write code to come up with the words "Hello World" that I gave it up. Then they started creating programs that did it all for me. Next we will be speaking to the computer and it will create our websites completely. When I use the iMac I have on my network as most people know. It allows speaking to the computer and it writes what is said, not a bunch of crap like some of the MS software does. Or highlight text and the computer speaks the highlighted words in a voice that sound very normal. Technically our world is producing some wonderful things to make life go smoother. On a more human level some of our society seems to be spiraling downwardly at a very fast rate to the level of cave man mentality. Change is always occurring, lets hope some uplifting mentality shows up soon. Just my two cents.

On a more human level some of our society seems to be spiraling downwardly at a very fast rate to the level of cave man mentality.
    So very true. One for one and £$%^ everybody else seems the norm.

After reading for weeks about the Windows 10 upgrade and checking on how Xara products were working on it I concluded that my Designer Pro according to postings on this forum and other places was comparable and would work. Just as I thought that the Win 10 download was the new toy for me I decided to look over what was being said about Win 10 itself. I know that just because it is on the web does not make it a true fact. The link provided below and it's talk about Win 10 privacy concerns and how to disable them, really spooked me. Even with help Win 10 users can only regain some of their privacy. This video is worth watching to see all the panels that show how MS is using your computer for collecting things you might not want share with not only MS but the entire internet world. At least give this video a good listen and maybe you as I have decided to do, will keep an older OS until the MS snooping tricks can be addressed by users. Big Brother MS is watching us big time with this new OS. To all those who will say this is just a spoof, then go ahead and download Win 10 and go for it. To the ones who are at least skeptical, "A word to the wise is sufficient."

click link below.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rczgCmoNSSE