Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone have Windows 10 yet

My primary computer is my PC, but I have 2 laptops (1 old, 1 new) for various reasons (got them cheap). The newer laptop (Dell) is where I experiment before making any major changes to the big PC. When Windows10 came out I waited a while before upgrading (about a month ago). It upgraded through wireless without a problem, except my sound didn't work. The first update corrected that. No problems so far, and I have Designer Pro 11 installed on it also without any problems. I'm on a winning streak!

EDIT: As was mentioned previously, by default Microsoft collects A LOT of data from you. Be sure to go into the setup options when upgrading and uncheck all that you don't want to share.

Jim

Just installed it. For me is ok but I have got some problems with Windows Defender.

Where did you find that Win 10 can snoop into your e-mails? I have not heard that one, but would not put it passed any OS being able to accomplish that. I even suspect out TV are watching us too. Big Brother has a great hunger for what we do, think, say, and believe.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I've upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and I'm getting used to Windows 10 slowly. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it but it's growing on me One thing I like is that searching for files is much faster. The jury is still out on the edge browser Chrome still seems a bit faster, but Edge is quite an improvement over IE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

You may want to go all through the settings to make sure the OS is not sharing and making you pc too exposed as regards its sharing of things.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Ok let's take a step back and lets just say that yes Windows 10 does collect information and leave it at that. What do folks like about Windows 10? What do you find useful? Any good tips? (that do not have anything to do with the collection of information)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

WOW!
    I've woken up this morning to see a whole bunch of deleted posts.
    And I agree that angelize (Frances) deleted them.

I've always seen TalkGraphics as a place where we share ideas and respect others' views.

I did ask (and my post got deleted accidentally) if we could keep this civilised?
    Even after asking this, the bickering continued.

So, please let's keep this on-topic and respectful.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Not commenting about this post,
    but for those who want to change the privacy settings,here's something that may help https://www.maketecheasier.com/confi...ns-windows-10/

Hans

Im' disappointed that free speech is not honored here. Yes some of my post were trashed also. My OP simply brought out that win 10 had issues concerning our privacy. When another post condemned someone for agreeing I felt that was uncalled for. Now even a moderator called for only positive comments. In any situation there are always variables which informed people appreciate knowing. The web is full of warnings on Win 10 security, I only wanted to bring that out. It seems the powers that control this forum decided to only allow speaking the positive side and silence all other info. I can't control that, I do at times make comments when I see postings that come from emotions rather than reality. Maybe my participation at TG has ended. Xara products are wonderful. Thanks to the ones who have offered me help for my Xara questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw View Post
    Im' disappointed that free speech is not honored here. Yes some of my post were trashed also. My OP simply brought out that win 10 had issues concerning our privacy. When another post condemned someone for agreeing I felt that was uncalled for. Now even a moderator called for only positive comments. In any situation there are always variables which informed people appreciate knowing. The web is full of warnings on Win 10 security, I only wanted to bring that out. It seems the powers that control this forum decided to only allow speaking the positive side and silence all other info. I can't control that, I do at times make comments when I see postings that come from emotions rather than reality. Maybe my participation at TG has ended. Xara products are wonderful. Thanks to the ones who have offered me help for my Xara questions.
    I'm not sure whether you mean me, or another moderator?

I don't remember asking for only positive comments?
    What I did ask was, "So, please let's keep this on-topic and respectful."

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone