A Help section that incorporates all the undocumented features, e.g.:

The Name Editor
    1. filename=
    2. htmlclass=
    3. HTMLBlockText
    4. UsesJQuery
    5. ...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Default Re: Wish List for V12

A selectable default Preview browser.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Better slider controls with numeric inputs.
    Acorn
    IP

Smart lines that are soft-grouped to objects so they change size when the objects are repositioned.
    Acorn
    IP

Text boxes that accept borders and background colours.
    Acorn
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Text boxes that accept borders and background colours.
    Acorn
    +1
    IP

Rather than text boxes that can have attributes, how about what the others do, which the ability to set text in any closed shape. Which, of course, includes color, line, margins, etc.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Note: Not quite sure what Digitalphaser means when he asked in the Export list "Please complete colour management". I really doubt that we can have the page CMYK coloured managed because of the way that the whole programme revolves around the RGB screen management. I have not explained that very well but you know what I mean. Good list it would help me with my tasks and it would stop me using A/Illustrator as much.
    Under color management I mean a more detailed visual inspection of the document colors.

Today I have not a computer with Illustrator. But Serif DrawPlus will also be welcome.

In the left column the same CMYK values in the both programs (XDP 11 vs SDP X8). With Xara I used "Print Preview" modus. DrawPlus has CMYK Fogra 39 profile.
    In the right column export to PDF/X-1a CMYK Fogra 39 from both programs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colormanagement.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	109279

Here we see that the difference between the color of the Serif document and PDF document is minimal. What I can not say about Xara.

Sometimes the difference between Xara's colors and output files (PDF, AI , EPS) is dramatic. Sometimes it is not possible to continue working with Xara. With Illustrator is not always smooth too, but still much easier to control color.

I bought Serif DrawPlus for low price and good features set but never used.
    IP

I've asked for a document color mode and document profiles, so I agree 100%.

To say one cannot use XDP because of this simply demonstrates a difference in working methods. Even in a color managed application I use a design palette. I know the output will be correct in the PDFs regardless of on-screen display.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    ...Even in a color managed application I use a design palette. I know the output will be correct in the PDFs regardless of on-screen display.
    Yes. Theoretically, it's true. But visually sometimes it's pure torment.

For example. I know the base CMYK values that I have to use.
    I have to add a few elements that will go well with base color.
    But Xara has a serious problem with the rendering of some colors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tiefbraun.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	109289

Illustrator is quite accurately reproduces the original color.
    Xara show me dirty, almost black spot. How can I work with it? Visually it is incredibly frustrating.

Yes. Both programs exported equally good PDF file. But I would like to see on my screen a color that is close to the original.

Xara's developers are invited to work in RGB/HSV color model with "Print Preview" modus. Then, by PDF exporting to choose CMYK mode. But in most cases (if I need a specific color with the exact CMYK values or I need to export to CMYK AI(EPS) file) it is not useful.

Lack of CMYK transparency support is another serious problem by Xara. But not all at once. At least the normal color management.
    IP