Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Default Re: Wish List for V12

Not all ideas are hard to implement. I'm not going to divert this thread any more.
    IP

you are thinking of this as a purely technical exercise it seems to me, and not as a commercial one in a hierarchy of decision makers.. but there again as I said in another thread, what do I know? Probably best not to drag the thread...
    IP

A simple button on the Name dialogue widow that says "Name Photograph" and saves me having to type filename="".
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

'simple' one from me then:

please can we have the ability to vary line width both by slider[s] and by entering any value[s] [not just a drop down selection] - ideally can we have offset options for this

[sliders for speed and values for precision - ideally it should always be both options]
    IP

The ability to change within the program the interface color scheme to light (i.e., to the old interface color scheme or a variation thereof).
    IP

I think Digitalphaser produced a well rounded list in post #33.
    1. Vector Brushes must be vector and it doesn't matter what you do with that line it must remain vector.
    2. Now when the Pattern fill came out in A/Illustrator I thought I would seldom use it but you know it has been quite the opposite. +1 for the vector pattern fill.
    3. I think it was Gare when this thread was posted for version 11 asked for a Spline Tool. In a vector based programme this feature now is a must with virtually all other programmes have this tool it is a must to be included so why not Xara?
    4. I seem to be repeating myself here why not full support for Open Type Font features all other vector based programmes have.
    5. When editing a brush, please provide a preview of the brush for that edit. This would take the guess work out of the edit and remove two forced dialogues out of the process

Note: Not quite sure what Digitalphaser means when he asked in the Export list "Please complete colour management". I really doubt that we can have the page CMYK coloured managed because of the way that the whole programme revolves around the RGB screen management. I have not explained that very well but you know what I mean. Good list it would help me with my tasks and it would stop me using A/Illustrator as much.
    Last edited by Albacore; 02 August 2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Missed a point
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
    Hi,

-Shortcut Key for color picker
    -Line width editor
    -Flood fill (Kind of live paint in illustrator)
    -Join tool (Two or more lines are joined by the endpoint within a tolerance)

Concerning art brushes :
    -A slider adjustment for a center offset.

Marc
    +1 Join and Trim tool like in Corel Draw

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    A simple button on the Name dialogue widow that says "Name Photograph" and saves me having to type filename="".
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    More CAD type drawing tools:

Snaps to endpoints, midpoints, tangents, centres etc.
    Fillet, trim and extend.
    Offset command.
    +1

Dimension tool

DWG/DXF import/export

CDR import/export

IP

Native Xara tables.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Page numbers including Section - Chapter - Page and omitted pages with left/right handedness.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

A template that has all the Shortcut Keys for quick printing or referral.
    Acorn
    IP