Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Default Re: Wish List for V12

Dear Xara, I'd like to see you do another version of Xara?) Which would be even less tools(even less than Xara Web Designer) and cheaper - only to simple edit(move object, edit text, edit links, change pictures and nothing else) and upload to ftp. As Xara Online Designer, but not online. A kind of CMS on the client side. It is for my clients for whom I make websites. I think it would be much better than Xara Online Designer . You only need to cut functions of the existing software. I'm exaggerating of course, but it would be not very costly, but profitable for you.
    IP

We might as well call this the Wish List for version 13, or the semi-regular updates for the 365 edition, right?

-g
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Info Re: Wish List for V12

There is a wishlist thread already for 2016 - 2017 feature requests it's sticky at the top of this forum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    the term "alpha" used to describe transparency I still maintain is off.
    execpt it is in very common useage to describe the transparency attribute of colour, as opposed to a channel - maybe we could argue against the use of 'widget' for a website add-on, that's not what widget means [historically] it's just that it is handy, as is alpha, and has become customary

I first asked for this in xara way back [2007] - at least now affininty has it as well as inkscape, and affininty does not have the laggines that inkscape is prone to [on wimdows] - the color wheel transparency slider is for layer transparency
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

What's 'laggines' HD?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    What's 'laggines' HD?

Laggy-ness. Laggy UI, slow to respond.

I had to think about it.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    What's 'laggines' HD?
    Isn't that the past-tense of "legumes"?

You know, after you eat broccoli, it's laggines?

Perhaps not.

-g
    IP

ah my typing deteriorates still - lagginess maybe - désolé

anyhow heres a link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGBA_color_space - which may or may not help

broccoli is a brassica, not a legume...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ah my typing deteriorates still - lagginess maybe - désolé

anyhow heres a link : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGBA_color_space - which may or may not help

broccoli is a brassica, not a legume...
    True. I must be wrong about the word "laggines", then.

Well, the article actually substantiates my claim that there is a difference between an alpha channel and a layer that has transparency.

Alvy Smith was the inventor of the alpha channel, and sadly, the Wikipedia article plays down this magnificent innovation in art; he first used in in Altamira Composer, and then the people at Fractal Design put it in Painter.

I exchanged a few emails with Alvy Smith back when he was co-founder of Pixar. He explained to me than an alpha channel is a channel of additional information embedded in a file format that was written to accept this additional channel. It was Adobe Systems who began using an alpha channel for purposes other than transparency. For bump maps information, for example. Try using the transparency layer in a PNG to create a bump map.

That said, the PNG file format lends itself to implementation on the Web a lot more readily than, say, TIFF, and if you think about it, the SWF file format is entirely vector in its base form (it can accept bitmaps, but at a file size price), and it can have non-opaque areas.

As unofficial curator of the TIFF file format, Adobe has the format rigged up to accept up to 32 alpha channels.

But these are only facts.

-g
    IP

Alpha channel is basically just a mask channel.
    IP