Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Default Re: Wish List for V12

The Smart Shapes are a new(ish) feature. These are developed using JavaScript. The older shapes are hard-coded and have been the core design of the Xara codebase.
    Xara is driving towards web delivery so the Smart Shape paradigm will probably become more prominent; all this will take time.

Smart Shapes are code that do not existing in earlier versions.

Xara should never have presented a bog-standard rectangle as a Smart Shape until it was in a position to meet your very valid expectation.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Acorn (and the Xara programmers):

If the idea is to keep the Smart Sheps out of ther hands of users of previous versions, can't the JavaScript contain a line at the beginning:

Check version
    If < 12...

Again, I know zip about code, but php has that capability.

If we had votes on this, keep Smart Shapes local, not web-based, and
    put it opn a button on the toolbar.

I'd think that features would be a priority at this point, not locking up new features, and not tying Xara's features to the Web.

Sincerely,

Gary
    IP

I believe part of the reason for this is that Xara hopes to release an API allowing 3rd parties to create new smart shapes externally from the Smart Shape tool
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

That sucks 365.
    IP

I hope, this is the right place for this mesage.
    Because programers of xara are forgot to put colour circle in color settings dialog. And if I can wish, with option to put number, angle from 0 to 360 degree.

- Ponny
    IP

If will programes of Xara look into InkScape, they will see, the Ikscape color setting dialog has - for example in RGB model - 3 sliders for 3 colours setting and then slider 4, for transparency - or alfa chanell, as they said.
    I wish to see this in Xara. Transparency as one of parameters of colour.

- Ponny
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Ponny View Post
    If will programes of Xara look into InkScape, they will see, the Ikscape color setting dialog has - for example in RGB model - 3 sliders for 3 colours setting and then slider 4, for transparency - or alfa chanell, as they said.
    I wish to see this in Xara. Transparency as one of parameters of colour.

- Ponny
    Hi Ponny-

1. No idea what the Xara Programmers forgot...do you mean that color setting should be expressed in a circle instead of the SV rectangle with a Hue slider? To express color triads in a different shape. afford this as an option? I don't think that's going to hasppen. You can see 0 to 359 degrees on the fields when you use the HSV color model; they're right below the Hue slider.

You second post:

2. Tansparency is set as a separate function than color. Um, also Transparency is not expressed as an alpha channel. Alpha channels and layer transparency are two different things. An alpha channel can be used as any parameter; check out Photoshop sometime--an alpha channel can be used to map bumps, transparency, anything you want to drive the RGB channels. Transparency is not a channel.

Interesting Wish List, however.

My Best,

Gary
    IP

I believe Ponny had this kind of thing in mind for colour transparency - where a colour includes transparency information not just colour information. It's really a RGBA setting, now supported for CSS. The A does stand for Alpha.

It's transparency at the colour level than applied to an object or layer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	colouralpha.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	113686  
    IP

And to illustrate both the color wheel and the opacity...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-000058.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	113687
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I believe Ponny had this kind of thing in mind for colour transparency - where a colour includes transparency information not just colour information. It's really a RGBA setting, now supported for CSS. The A does stand for Alpha.

It's transparency at the colour level than applied to an object or layer.
    Fine, although the term "alpha" used to describe transparency I still maintain is off.

Any ideas what a color circle is? Like Affinity Designer's CP/transparency combo?

Strike that. Mike already replied.

-g
    IP