Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
Mike, we can agree, then, that there is a lag, and for me, a stultifying one.

Can we edit a file to remove the new brushes? All I use are the ones from previous versions.

Is anyone else a non Art brush Xara user?

I don't stay in Xara all day; I duck in an out as I need it and loading the brushes EVERY time I lauch Xara, and why is my selection then unselected?

Why can Photoshop load all the fonts on a system on first use of its Type tool within 3 seconds? And I have over 1,000 typefaces loaded, mostly because every program Earth wants to involuntarily adds template fonts to my own list of retail (read "expensive, not shareware stuff or lookalike") typefaces?

We should have an option (in, um...Options) to decide to load or not load Web fonts, which is behind the curve for developers and designers in 2016 anyhow. You rent them from a place that has an incredibly fast server and multiple download points around this planet.

-g
I use the Art brushes more than I use the scatter brushes. I use the Art brushes to create slight variations for bitmaps of repetitive objects that I use frequently.

Regarding fonts, I'd also like to have a method of creating my own folders in the Fonts gallery so I could organize the fonts I use by job/client, just like the brushes in the Line Gallery. As of now, I never use the fonts gallery, but only use the Font's dropdown to choose fonts because they at least separate out the Google fonts, whereas Fonts gallery doesn't do any font organization at all. What's the point of having it if it doesn't add any benefit? There used to be folders in the font gallery, but they've long since disappeared. Now there's only a single "installed fonts" folder. I mean at least they could put in "fonts used in this document" as that already exists in the fonts drop down. The name gallery shows all the fonts, but you can only select them not apply them. The Fonts Gallery by far is the the most useless gallery at least for me. And by useless, I mean, I no longer use it, not that it doesn't have potential value. When I first began using Xara, the Fonts gallery was one of my most used galleries. But since about version 9, or maybe earlier I haven't really touched it at all.