Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Default Re: Wish List for V12

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Rut, is this a typo, or is there a "WB" product I'm unaware of?

Gary
    Hi Gary, I did mistake, I am so busy btw, can you help me somewhat with modules I need so much ?

Rut
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Rut View Post
    btw, can you help me somewhat with modules I need so much ?

Rut
    Modules? For Web Designer?

I'm afraid I am powerless to grant any wishes in future builds, Rut.

I'm just a member, exactly like you (except I live in America and I'm probably older than you).

I'm sorry if I gave any impression I'm a programmer for Xara!

The only thing I know about software is that it is the opposite of hardware.

My Best,

Gary
    IP

I don't want new features in v12. I just want improvements for the features that we already have. To that end, my first request is to make the Area to Save option in the export dialog sticky. I often have to select Page every time. There are no consistent workarounds. See this thread for the discussion, which started in 2007.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...quot-Page-quot
    IP

If you have elements organized in layers and you apply a clipview and eliminate that clipview the elemnts remains in just one layer that is to say you loose your oganization
    Javier
    IP

if possible — it’ll be very useful:
    add shortcut handle to create new layer (helps to prepare to export PSD — each element on separate layer);
    improve PDF/PSD/SVG export scenarios: every element/group on individual layer:
    relocate control bars position parameters from registry. i think, it is more reliable to keep unchanged. (now i need to backup registry to keep control bar positions);
    it would be nice to “weld” points like 3dmax does in scale mode with vertexes. sketch app distributes nodes, it is very handy.

P.S. Sorry for poor english. X is everyday-tool since 1996.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x-wld.gif 
Views:	226 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	110937
    IP

Hello.

I didn't read the 23 pages, but I will type here my wishes. I'm using a Trial Photo & Graphic Designer 11.

1. Defenitely a good idea, to control all corners in a rectangle individually, not change them all. So example I like to change the Top corners to Curved, and leave the bottom corners normal.

2. If I correct, there is no way now to copy an effect to another objects. Like gradient, shadow or 3d effects. I hope i will see it one time.

3. I have a problem with the gradient fill option. For example, if I apply a liner gradient to a few objects, then I doing another drawing, or I'm saving the project and exit the program, some gradient effect is forgotten by the program. All objects have the linear gradient look, but when I want to change the color, it only shawing one color. Maybe showing two colors, but not showing the line color. This problem is often accour.

4. I want an option, to always show the rulers. Now, when I'm create a new drawing, I have to turn on the rulers manually. It's frustrating. Maybe I just not seeing the option to always show the rulers.

5. I'm often want to rename an object to a speakable name. Rectangle, Rectangle... it has no meaning to me. Difficult to identify in the Page & Layer Gallery. Could you give the program this feature? It's good to Rename Layers, but the best is to change the object names.

Thanks.
    IP

This is a small, but do-able one, I think. When you remove a stop on a multi-colour gradient by right-clicking the stop, the right-click menu comes up, unwanted. Now, I know you can change right-click behavior in Options, but wouldn't it make sense for Xara to "see" the coordinates of the right-click and not pop up the context menu because a control point is under that hot spot?

TIA,

Gary
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Well now that DP 11 is out and we've all had a chance to tryout those wonderful art brushes I'm putting together a wish list for next year

- Spacing control for repeating art brushes
    - the ability to define end and corner pieces for repeating art brushes
    - a more unified brush settings panel for both art and scatter brushes
    - better brush organization tools perhaps a brushes gallery that you could add custom folders to that would allow you to change brushes with a single click
    - OTF glyph support, a glyphs panel that would allow you to access the extra glyphs that come with Open type fonts.

Note: feature requests from this thread will be compiled and a survey of the top 10 or so will be published on the forums and the results will be made public and passed on directly to the Developers
    I haven't read this whole thread (gah, never enough hours in the day!) but of things I'd like to see in v12, A return of the old graphics engine for the Freehand brush tool which has instant visual feedback. It was there in v10, but I saw that new features broke the old graphics engine (it caused serious crashing...I forgot what I did, but a patch was quickly put out and the visible strokes disappeared...it fixed the bug, but lost that really intuitive feedback the older version had when using a stylus/wacom). I still load up v10 just for this feature (also it seems the graphic engine in general is just faster in v10...something that sold me on Xara to begin with).
    IP

-less JavaScript on generated websites more CSS
    -fix the bug(and it is a bug by every definition) where stuff with decimal dimensions get borders. Round it don't put in artifacts..
    -on website variants 480(0-539),600(540-779),960(780+) doesn't make sense.. It should be 480(0-559),600(600-959),960(960+). Also this can be done with @media in CSS along with most other things you use JS for..

I'm torn on whether dynamic placeholders are better than z-index and no-clip-pages. I mean dynamic placeholders are better but then there has to be algorithms for surrounding objects; some UI/UX for assigning actions like assigning relationships to different groups and actions based on changes where client's screens are too small or too big. The only reason I mention this is the z-index method requires you to design everything outside of xara defeating the purpose of using xara for rapid web design.
    Last edited by tjc; 30 January 2016 at 07:43 PM.
    IP

A check box for each page, that is checked by default but which can be unchecked so that a page is not published.
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980
    IP