Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SEND AN EMAIL TO RECEIVED BY CLICK ON SELECTED ITEM

Hallo

I have a query and hope you can help. I have a website of over 200 wedding dresses. The dresses are listed in rows for the visitor to view. Each dress have a code. lets say for instance the visitor choose a dress / dresses they like and would like to query that dress, is it possible to create a link for each particular dress. What I mean is if the person click on the dress it tells you that you can "send a request on this dress" that if she clicks the image or link on that image it send a single email to the receiver. I want to add this type of action to all the dresses.

Is it possible?

I just want to say thank you for all your help on previous requests

Default Re: SEND AN EMAIL TO RECEIVED BY CLICK ON SELECTED ITEM

I have played around and found this
    mailto:.......?subject=FWIS 1234 - DRESS INQUIRY - I basically add a subject to the email section
    This has been sorted out, how do I then attach the image with the query?
    The dress is FWIS 1234 and when the receiver gets the email with subject line the mentioned dress is also there
    Thank you

Hi you could try adding this in the email body section:

mailto:you@your-email-address?subject=FWIS-1234 - DRESS INQUIRY&body="http://www.your-site.com/index_htm_files/FWIS-1234.jpg"
    Works for me using Thunderbird, supplies a clickable link back to the photo of your image. Of course you'll need to name each dress in Xara using:
    filename="FWIS-1234"
    with different image names.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi you could try adding this in the email body section:

Works for me using Thunderbird, supplies a clickable link back to the photo of your image. Of course you'll need to name each dress in Xara using:

with different image names.
    Hi I have tried the top section for the email
    This is what I have added:
    mailto:virtual.bgn@gmail.com?subject=FWIS-1234 - DRESS INQUIRY&body="http://www.virtualbg.co.za/index_htm_files/Tulips.jpg"
    under my website for a test - http://www.virtualbg.co.za
    The background picture of the tulips is what I have used
    This is the following message I received - "The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using".

Please help
    Attached Files Attached Files

It worked fine for me. I BCC'ed and received an email with a link to your site to "Tulips.jpg"
    On clicking the link you don't appear to have Tulips.jpg in your index_htm_file.
    I assume you want to apply a link to find out which dress the visitor is interested in.

You won't get an attachment on a mailto: link. That would need an html email. Mailto: only does plain text.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tulips.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	109023  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It worked fine for me. I BCC'ed and received an email with a link to your site to "Tulips.jpg"
    On clicking the link you don't appear to have Tulips.jpg in your index_htm_file.
    I assume you want to apply a link to find out which dress the visitor is interested in.

You won't get an attachment on a mailto: link. That would need an html email. Mailto: only does plain text.

Hi with what you said - how do I do it?
    **On clicking the link you don't appear to have Tulips.jpg in your index_htm_file. - THE FILEZILLA TRANSFERS IT AS A DIFFERENT NAME
    **I assume you want to apply a link to find out which dress the visitor is interested in. - HOW DO I DO IT

**You won't get an attachment on a mailto: link. That would need an html email. Mailto: only does plain text - HOW DO I GO ABOUT DOING THIS?

you should be using:

to get the tulip image.

http://www.virtualbg.co.za/index_htm_files/3.jpg

HOWEVER I think your allowing Xara to name your images. You'll need to name them yourself within Xara using:

filename="tulip"
    Which ensures the image is exported as tulip.jpg NOT 3.jpg, as every time you edit & publish your .xar file the image will/may be given a revised number
    Egg

Here's a link of it in action:

http://parkeston.com/xara/emailing/

Send an email, it goes to me and I'll forward it you so you can view the result.
    Egg

Here's a link of it in action:

http://parkeston.com/xara/emailing/

Send an email, it goes to me and I'll forward it you so you can view the result.
    Thank you so much for your help
    You mentioned that Xara is changing names _ How can I change this that is export the names that was originally imported into the
    document?

Hi did you just use this
    mailto:you@your-email-address?subject=FWIS-1234 - DRESS INQUIRY&body="http://www.your-site.com/index_htm_files/FWIS-1234.jpg"
    to get the same result as the link above for parkeston? it is the idea that I had in mind