Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Wide Style Web Themes

I upgraded to XDP X11 yesterday and noticed that four new Wide Style Web Themes were included as promised. They look very nice. Thank you Xara dev team!

Default Re: New Wide Style Web Themes

By popular demand.

REALLY?
    How do you start a wide style - i can only see the biggest is 960...very keen to do wide thank you

Regards
    William

Look in the Designs Gallery under Website Themes (General - Mobile Ready) and select one of the Wide Style themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Look in the Designs Gallery under Website Themes (General - Mobile Ready) and select one of the Wide Style themes.
    is this what you mean? http://themes.xara.com/v11/printshop_1/

No, take a look here: http://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/templates/. The four templates on top are what I am talking about.

Do you have Designer Pro or Web Designer Premium? I know that they come with Designer Pro but I understood that they will be included with Web Designer as well (perhaps through a future update).

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    No, take a look here: http://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/templates/. The four templates on top are what I am talking about.

Do you have Designer Pro or Web Designer Premium? I know that they come with Designer Pro but I understood that they will be included with Web Designer as well (perhaps through a future update).
    Well, I wish I knew about that - i bought premium web only - is annoying that i can not do wide screen - xara website never made that clear! shame on you xara! lol

You can make wide websites in WD premium by changing page size settings. I was only talking about some new templates that Xara devs had made. I am pretty sure that in the near future they will be made available to owners of WD Premium as well.

So it appears that one can only get those wide templates, is to get the pro 11 software? I am looking at the web 11 premium trial and those templates are not even on the online content. It would sure be nice to see everything that is in the Pro version. Obviously there is more than what shows on the "Compare" page.
    Joe

If you want to create a wide page, simply make your page wider. You can make the page as wide as you wish.

To add to the effect, make your page color and the pasteboard color the same.

Uncheck Clip to Edges (Web Properties > Website) and objects can extend off the page as long as part of the object touches the page.