Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Few questions on Exporting Images and optimizing please

Hi

need to ask a please. Any idea why files are still bieng exported as png when optimized and then applied to be exported as jpeg as on quality 75. Can't conenct the dots. Thought it was exporting old images which doesn't look like the case however can't say the same for few gifs and SWF files. Just no way of getting them off unless manually.

Regarding the PNG issues i'm having, once exploring the index_html folder same 20 files or so highest in size, you guess it all png. Taking up a total 22mb, its crazy Know which pictures 2 they are the only ones of their kind however tried everything to optimizing to chaging export conditions to jpeg but it doesn't recognize for some odd reason which i can't figure out.

other way round this would be to upload files via FTP and not xara, using a optimizing software online such to manually work the files before uploading?

could really use some suggestions please. Also created a varient so it's not so much stress for a mobile device to load, not sure if it's having any effect on the main sites loading time..

think maybe , varients plus image tags and webpage descriptions which if lengthy might be adding more loading time? giving the browser more work basically. So far it takes roughly 18 seconds to load on my 17" laptop and around 8-9 seconds on a 15" screen. Mobile take about 8 so happy with that for now.

thinking of breaking the site up into 2 domains, as one page is like a gallery and could be on another domain i've purchased..2 seperate root folders is tempting me..

cheers, talk soon

Default Re: Few questions on Exporting Images and optimizing please

just want to add. The picture which don't seem to convert to jpeg upon export amounting to around 22mb. 4-5 of the largest in size have a simple linear fade effect. Do texts get exported as images aswel? png or jpeg unless specified

Also maybe for future to edit images using another software and saving as required format before importing. Was forced to delete my photoshop software due to circumstances and retail costs over £300. Doesn't feel right using a version which is not genuine even though i feel helpless with out it hands down to xara, capable of so much, just have to be alittle creative eh.. get similar things done. Really impressed regardless.

I'll be an expert in optimizing images at this rate. Published my site over 10 times now. Each time lowering the Jpeg output quality. do you guys have a rough guidline of what you use when deciding quality figures to choose. I've come down to where most pictures are betwee 60-75 now. hoping it will make a difference, both varients. Would be good to know what some of you guys use a cap or limit not to go below?

sorry bout the long one, just want it done right.

Tried pnggauntlet however only managed to save 3mb from 30mb. Hopefully a few MB here and there will be all it needs. Grouped a few text boxes as the fonts were being changed, which added anohter 3.5mb. Would it be possible to save text groups as jpeg perhaps or will they loose transparency..

if theirs any good softwares please let me know.. think thats enough for now anyway.

talk later

Hi Gobstopper, very difficult to comment without seeing your .web/.xar file. Could you attach it?

Grouped a few text boxes as the fonts were being changed, which added anohter 3.5mb. Would it be possible to save text groups as jpeg perhaps or will they loose transparency..
    If you group text Xara will export it as an image. Not a great idea. Search engines can't read text content within an image, it's just an image file with no content as far as SE are concerned. Useless for SEO as well.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hey buddy, all sorted man. Thanks for passing by. Hope all is good. For some reason i was somehow over whelmed viewing so many images in one folder assumed some were repeats when infact it was not the case. Either used them more then once or their were higher resolution copies(@) attached which you pointed is nothing to bother.

Anyway long story short, working closley with a Optimising image software has believe it or not saved over 25mb in file size. The option for optimizing all images on the site to 100p has also been a great help making a such a significance, lost for words. Setting were set at 200p prior.

At this point i'm very pleased and was probably over thinking at the time, after looking back their was allot for me to take in at once. That and lack of sleep

thanks for the info on text. I'm on my way to ungroup text files.

need to clear one more thing out please.. I made a minor change on a site, moved a few pictures out passed the page border so on bigger browsers theirs no gap. nothing maor left the rest of the site un touched. After exporting it seems that the previous optimised index_html files will not function correctly with the new exported document when swapped into it's index file.. So means optimizing images each time for each document. Doesn't sound like it's the case as i'm more then likely missing something..a current trend of mine Thier only image files so really should work with any version of the same website exported unless changes were made to the picture in terms of cosmetics instead of position..

thanks again

Just wanted to add- Made a minor change to a pages description under web prop. After exporting do images under index_html need to be optimise again or will it recognise ones done before for the exact same exported site. Should be exactly the same appart from the page description adjustment..hoping it won;t make a major difference.
    Last edited by Gobstopper; 23 July 2015 at 10:49 PM.

Okay so it works fine when using index_html files from the previous export if nothing major was changed. Just wanted to let you know.. incase thier anything else i should be aware off please let me know as i plan to make a change to the main image at some point, will be same size, position as the older file however when exporting im hoping i can just optimize the new picture added using older optimised files as technically they will not have changed so should work right?