Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Just Release: Xara Designer Pro X11

Ah yes. Thank you, browj2!

the shape painter tool with fixed nib size is seriously cool for my sort of freehand cartoon line art, I am so pleased

and has been said, for freehand work at least the response of the program seems a whole lot better

I note that the H toggle that used to be in ver 8 [shape builder tool] is now not present in ver 11 shape painter tool; the nodes are now not highlighted by default which makes sense to me, I could never see the reason for that in this tool

plus the enable/disable sketch mode button is still available for this tool [but needs to be activated in the registry]

Yes Handrawn I thinks it's great as well. If you have a Wacom try it with that cos it's now pressure sensitive, you can use the pressure recording, it works a treat, but go big with your drawing as it gets a bit jittery with small drawings when using the nib.
    Design is thinking made visual.

its the fixed nib size that is the deal maker - right up to the release of p&g11 I was banging the drum for this - being able to draw directly as shape and zoom in and out whilst drawing is such a time saver

as for drawing big - yes I tend to do that

Quote Originally Posted by jvila View Post
    I'm trying to share a file with a partner and he is not able to access to it, when he tries to log onto cloud.xara.com using his gmail account the page says he has to buy xara to be able to see the file.
    I'm assuming he doesn't need to buy it cause xara says this service can be used to share files with my customers.
    I think I'm doing something wrong.
    I really appreciate your help.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi jvila,

Your client has to 'Buy' access but it is free: http://www.xara.com/cloud-xara/access/

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    so.. are you saying if I activate an installation, then I need to have that computer connected to the internet or it will deactivate itself after 30 days?
    Yes, every 1 month anniversary Xara will try to connect to the activation server to see if that computer is still valid. You can have it offline for periods in-between though so if your brave enough to take your laptop on holiday and work for example

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    You Xara boys know how to live.

Beacons on the bed indeed!

(forgive me, I couldn't resist. You will never forget the proper spelling of beckon, or we will never forget bed beacons!)
    Yea sorry my bad, I thought it didn't look right lol

Yea sorry my bad, I thought it didn't look right lol
    Yeah, well none of us has ever made a typo. It's good to have you here supporting the product Rob. I suspect things have been hectic and busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Yes, every 1 month anniversary Xara will try to connect to the activation server to see if that computer is still valid. You can have it offline for periods in-between though so if your brave enough to take your laptop on holiday and work for example
    thanks understood

so say I am suddenly called away for a week, 2 days before the one month is up, can I make sure it will be available for the full week offline before I go - I would think I could manually deactivate, then reactivate on the same computer, good for another month, but can you confirm that would actually work..

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    thanks understood

so say I am suddenly called away for a week, 2 days before the one month is up, can I make sure it will be available for the full week offline before I go - I would think I could manually deactivate, then reactivate on the same computer, good for another month, but can you confirm that would actually work..
    Yes, simply go to Help > Deactivate, the program will then close down, start it up again, click activate and your good to go offline for 30 days.

brill - many thanks

We're all grateful to have you Rob!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer