Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Just Release: Xara Designer Pro X11

A feature only found in Designer Pro 11 and not in Photo & Graphic Designer 11 is the Nip Size Toggle (Fixed or Zoomed) in the Shape Painter Tool.

The Warp Effect is a welcome addition to this tool as well.

you are so right whooooot! I am one happy bunny; they may take my money [actually they already have ]

Xara have added the ability to manage your own product activations on their support website, but looks like everyone is limited to a maximum of 2 activations. The EULA now says:

"You will be issued with a unique serial number. An internet connection is required to activate the serial number and to complete the necessary one-time registration. The Software can only be activated on two computers concurrently, but activations that are no longer required can be cancelled so that you can install and activate the software on a new computer."
    Authentic IT - Web Design and IT Consultancy, Penzance

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Is it me, or does the new v.11 seem a bit like chicken feed? What I mean is, if you are a user of Photo & Graphic Designer, you get lots of nice shiny new features, and a few weeks later along comes the flagship program and, OK, it has all the new P&GD features, plus...auto hyphenation. Anyone else underwhelmed by this fact?
    Bob.
    Edit: I don't want to sound churlish, but there seems to be no good reason (apart from auto hyphenation of course) to upgrade, if you already have v.10 you can buy the latest P&GD for far less and suffer the loss of the auto hyphenation feature.
    Sadly, I have to totally agree with you.
    As much as I would like to try the new Art Brushes, there is actually zero incentive for me to upgrade from 10 Pro.

Once again lots of things I don't need at all, like everything web- and photo-related.
    NO new drawing tools, NO tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    NO new drawing tools
    -Art brushes
    -Warp tools

I may be wrong but those definitely looks like drawing tools to me.
    Deformation along a path is something I've always wished for.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
    -Art brushes
    -Warp tools

I may be wrong but those definitely looks like drawing tools to me.
    Deformation along a path is something I've always wished for.

Marc
    I already mentioned the Art Brush, Warp Tools are useless to me.

B-Splines for instance would count toward new drawing tools. Like the free Inkscape had for ages.
    Or gradient meshes and a variable linewith-tool like Illustrator also had for a long time. I *really*
    would dig those!

I remember when Xara set the innovations and was copied by others.
    Now it seems they don't even give a damn and try to be a web- and photoeditor.
    No 100 bucks from me here ...

Also please mind that I was commenting my personal opinion.
    Your's might be different.

Quote Originally Posted by planetsquid View Post
    Xara have added the ability to manage your own product activations on their support website, but looks like everyone is limited to a maximum of 2 activations. The EULA now says....
    how I understand it: you can deactivate/reactivate as many times as you like for as many computers as you want, but only ever have two active activations/computers at any one time

on that basis it's another great bonus for me as I won't have to worry about running out of activation count due to rebuilds/repartitioning/...etc

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    how I understand it: you can deactivate/reactivate as many times as you like for as many computers as you want, but only ever have two active activations/computers at any one time

on that basis it's another great bonus for me as I won't have to worry about running out of activation count due to rebuilds/repartitioning/...etc
    Yes, and just a quick note with the upcoming windows 10 release please remember to deactivate V11 Xara before upgrading and then re-active once you have installed Win10!

If your using a version prior to V11 you'll need to contact support if you reach your activation limit.

Thanks

thanks Rob

what's the position regarding dead computers - can we deactivate these or do we need to contact support ?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    thanks Rob

what's the position regarding dead computers - can we deactivate these or do we need to contact support ?
    You can unlock them from your account online at xara.com, but only after 30 days from initially activating. If your PC dies within 30 days of unlocking then you'll need to contact support and we can do this for you.