Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Default Re: Just Release: Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    The BIOS dosen't load faster, but once past that the OS loads far faster
    Hi Egg

the BIOS does not load faster because it is not on the SSD [as you later stated correctly] so its access times are not affected

you should consider disabling windows disk defragmentation for SSD - SSDs don't suffer the same loss of efficiency when accessing defragmented files as do HDDs
    Click Start and type dfrgui into the search bar
    Select your SSD and click on Configure schedule
    Run on a schedule should be unchecked. Be sure to click OK after unchecking it

also disabling indexing:
    Go to Start and open Computer.
    Right-click your SSD drive and select Properties.
    At the bottom of the disk properties window, uncheck Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties.
    Click OK to save your changes.

both tweaks will reduce the constant background usage of the SSD an help reduce degredation

windows search does not need indexation to run - and a third party search such as agent ransack [which I use] is even better

EDIT - you could try disabling indexing on your other drive[s] too
    Last edited by handrawn; 18 August 2015 at 07:29 AM. Reason: SSD not SDD
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

the defrag bit - you won't need to worry about that on win 8/10 as MS have taken care of it, only on win7

in fact most of the set up issues are dealt with, as you would expect, and you probably don't need to upgrade BIOS either though it might be worth checking that

but there are still things to do/check; some details:http://www.back2gaming.com/focus-sto...ows-8-and-8-1/

I am sure steve will give you good advice over at XU
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the replies and information as to how to improve the speed, etc. Once I get to the login screen, everything goes much faster. From login to ready to load programs is much, much faster with the SSD than the HD that I had. DPX11 loads very quickly. As for Windows 10, I think that I'll wait awhile. There still seems to be too many problems being reported.

My only complaint about X11 is still the animation interface with Movie Edit Pro and Video Pro X7 not working correctly. The background video doesn't advance with the frames, and the animation is not returned to the video, only a static image.

I did notice another problem with animation, export to avi. No matter which frame rate that I put in the properties, it always exports at 24 fps. I'm away from home so I can't check this, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I watched XaraXhris' excellent animation tutorial and he indicated that the frame rate could be changed. However, the result for me is always 24 fps in the avi. I want 29.97 or 30.

Thanks,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    I did notice another problem with animation, export to avi. No matter which frame rate that I put in the properties, it always exports at 24 fps. I'm away from home so I can't check this, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I watched XaraXhris' excellent animation tutorial and he indicated that the frame rate could be changed. However, the result for me is always 24 fps in the avi. I want 29.97 or 30.
    It seems locked at 25 fps when uncompressed. When set to something like Microsoft Video 1 compression, the set frame rate is honoured on export, so try that.

Hi Xhris,

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't sure if it was 24 or 25 and couldn't check. Still can't; I'm out camping. I was using uncompressed as the other ones seemed to have a problem, don't remember with what. I'll check when I get home next week and try your suggestion.

Thanks again for the reply and the super tutorials.
    John

My PC used to take anywhere from 3-8 minutes to get from powered off to a usable desktop (fortunately Sleep mode worked a lot better in that regard), now it boots up in under 30 seconds. Most of that was thanks to the SSD, but also not needing to use DisplayFusion any more really helped, as Win10 has built in support for displaying the taskbar on multiple monitors.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Hi,

I had some problem registering XAR files to V11, it always opened with V10, even when pointing to V11 in "open with" context menu.
    Had to reinstall a couple of time.

Does anybody know how to change the anchor point size?
    I've found the registry for the selection blobs but not anchors.

Xareg doesnt appear to work in that regard.
    It's kinda hard to work with tiny little anchors at high resolution.

Marc

Thanks for that handrawn, I'll have a look at that when I get my machine back.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Just sorted out the blob/points it works ok now.
    I must have done something wrong before.

Marc

Just got XDP11 activated properly on my main desktop PC. Seems to load up in a reasonably short amount of time. Good to go.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com