Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Just Release: Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Tested both DPX11 64 and 32 bit versions with Magix Video Pro X7 and DPX11 fails to open. P&GD11 worked ok when opened from VPX7 (except for advancing the video). With DPX11 installed, VPX7 tries to open it rather than P&GD11, so I am faced with not purchasing DPX11, which I would really like, and purchasing P&GD11 plus WD11 instead, unless Magix/Xara can get DPX11 to work nicely with the video editors. I cannot advance on my videos that use Xara overlays and masks so long as DPX11 is installed. I have raised a ticket with Magix about this, but not with Xara.
    Stop the presses! I tried Magix Movie Edit Pro (MEP) 2014 and got as far as Xara opening, then closing instead of continuing. I hadn't tried MEP2015 Premium, so I just tried it, and lo and behold, Xara DPX11 opened with the video image. So I tried VPX7 again, and it worked as well. I am dumbfounded. Somehow the programs sorted themselves out. There are still some issues, it seems, but at least I get the two programs to work together and I can continue with my video. Now if they can just get the animation part sorted out.

On with the testing.

John
    Last edited by browj2; 21 July 2015 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Further test results