Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Fully justify text doesn't work

To Acorn: your solution worked, even with the bold font, thank you. Just curious, what does this solution do that makes the full justify work? What is "ping"?

To Egg: I agree, I originally designed the website in version 10 and when I started using v11 that's when the problem started.

To Albacore, which version of Web Designer are you using? It seems people using v11 can replicate the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCapn View Post
    To Acorn: your solution worked, even with the bold font, thank you. Just curious, what does this solution do that makes the full justify work? HTMLBlockText changes all the SPAN (lines of text) to a fuller paragraph. preview and right-click View Source to see lots of SPANs without it and a paragraph otherwise. It breaks Xara's WYSIWYG concept but Xara must have similar issues else they would not have included HTMLBlockText as a fix.

What is "ping"?
    'ping' is an MS DOS Command (or earlier) to repeatedly interrogate an IP address (e.g., Windows icon > Search cmd.exe > Run; at the prompt, type 'ping 127.0.0.1' without the single quotes) Pinging someone is therefore nagging.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I wanted to post an update to this issue as I've found another workaround.

It seems while applying "HTMLBlockText" to the paragraph works in most cases, there are still some issues with how it looks after being converted to html (e.g. any extra spacing (kerning) added between lines of text or paragraphs is reset to 100%, and there are still issues with the text being rearranged or positioned slightly different after conversion.

What I discovered is that if you put a rectangle behind the text and group both objects, Xara renders it an image instead of text. So, after converting to html the text appears in a browser exactly as it looks in Xara. The only drawback is that since the text is no longer text, it cannot be indexed by search engines. So if there are keywords you want indexed this is probably not the best solution.